1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

New outfit (lehanga/kameez) from saree

Discussion in 'Clothing & Apparels' started by Kera, Aug 13, 2013.

1. Kera

Kera Gold IL'ite

I was at a tailor recently to drop off my blouse and a nice purple outfit caught my eye. At first I thought it was saree and blouse in there but up on examining I was informed it is lehanga and choli made from saree. It looked so pretty

I remember often hearing one can convert saree into kameez but I have never took that route. This lehanga caught my eye, the saree print was gorgeous (think it was those art silk saree, I am not sure what the material was. i know it wasn't georget or net or chiffon & only had print on it).

Have any of you used saree to make new outfit & how did it come out. Also cost wise was it better? I am asking because this lehanga got me thinking of buying printed sarees or desi fabric for my bridesmaid & have them stitch it to lehanga. But I am not sure how to get dupatta considering I am in USA

2. rkgurbani

rkgurbani IL Hall of Fame

Yes, it is very common to convert sarees into dresses of your choice....it could be a salwar suit, an anarkali, a lehenga choli anything. Am not sure about tailoring at your end, but if you do so like it...take a picture of it and when you come to India, get it stitched from an experienced tailor and also if you need any matchings for it like linings and dupatta, it will be eaily available in India.