1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Floor length anarkali

Discussion in 'Clothing & Apparels' started by Kera, Aug 1, 2013.

1. Kera

Kera Gold IL'ite

I am trying to figure out what the current/latest style in kameez as Eid is coming & I need to do shopping. In the shop I see all kind of Kameez. The net anarkalis are still there, knee length kameeze with fat shalwar (pataiali?), pakistani style kamiz..etc

So I started searching online because I don't want to have too many clothes of same style & then find the style is out of fashion now. It looks like the floor length anarkalis are the newest/happening item. Do you agree? Or have I missed another style. From Saree's it seem Banarasi saree are doing major come back.

Do I have this right? What is in style now? and when will the Net saree and kameeze go out of fashion (I hate them). Would floor length kameeze look bad on short people like 5'1' height.

2. sangeethaamar

sangeethaamar Silver IL'ite

Now the floor length slwar is the fashion.:) :) :)

3. helpmeangel

helpmeangel Platinum IL'ite

Though floor length is in fashion, I am hating this trend and want it to fade away soon. Somehow looks like a one piece dress (like a Nightie) and kind of heavy too.. Knee length or even lower is fine, I would say...

1 person likes this.
  4. kiarasharma307

kiarasharma307 New IL'ite

Floor Length Anarkali Dresses are in fashion these days and even i like these kind of dresses. It looks ethnic, royal, elegant and beautiful.

5. ashwinid01

ashwinid01 Gold IL'ite

Hi.. Floor length Anarkali are certainly in fashion but IMO it suits well for tall girls 5'3 or 5'4 and above girls. I am also 5'1 and had tried many floor length anakalis but i felt i look more short in them.

6. Kera

Kera Gold IL'ite

This is what I am afraid of. I fear it will make me look even shorter. I don't wear maxi dress because I feel that makes me look shorter and focuses on my hip area. I have yet to try one on. I will go shopping this weekend & would like to try few floor lenght just to see.

I really loved the knee lenght pataiali suit style. Never liked the net style (feel like it makes chubby girls look bigger) and don't like the pakistani style (that don't work for short girls)

1 person likes this.
  7. Kera

Kera Gold IL'ite

Update for Eid shopping I looked for floor lenght anarkali. Not every store carried them saying they didn't think desi people will be into such long style when we are so short. Many other store cut them to make it appropiate for women 5'1'-5'2'' but they cut it bit too much.

The one I got was 2 inch above ground, at the shop when i tried the top on, it didn't seem like a big difference. But on Eid day wearing full dress + shoes made me look akward. The 2inch short in lenght and net material with anarakali band cutting right in middle of my chest made me look shorter n chubbier. But the dress itself was beautiful, it just was overpowering & wrong for me. I was very upset + the material was too soft that it ripped in one side. I did buy ribbon to add to bottom of my dress to add lenght & make it true floor lenght

But I wouldn't rule out floor lenght anarkli because my little sister who is skinner than me (size 6 usa, same height as me) got a chiffon floor lenght that fit her to the T. It looked beautiful and made her look tall & princess like. I loved it. I would encourage short girls to try out the floor lenght style, get somethign simple with minmual decoration because the lenght speaks loud & adding bling to it (like my dress) becomes over powering.

8. Kera

Kera Gold IL'ite

I am in love with floor lenght dress now that I have warmed up to it. I find them to be conservative (hids the hip/belly well) yet fashionable. Great alternative to lehanga. Althought I am not sure how practical these are. I recently got this one , warn by Nisha Agarwal. I am bit confused how/why yellow has become so popular recently & I find myself constantly getting it.