1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Query on designer blouses

Discussion in 'Clothing & Apparels' started by SriPriya123, Aug 18, 2012.

1. SriPriya123

SriPriya123 Silver IL'ite

Hello friends,

I checked out the designer blouse patterns thread.. Many are wonderful designs.
    If you want to get this done on your blouse what do you do.. Do you have to buy all the materials and give? A while ago i went to Nishikas in chennai gave the saree (which came with a blouse) and asked them to do a pattern. They were like you need to buy the material for us !! :rant I had no clue where to buy all those stuff so just left the idea..

I went to another botique in adyar - vanshikas and asked them to do a pattern. That guy charged 3k. As costly as the silk saree. Where do you get nice patterns done? Plus one more thing is the blouse has contrast colors in its design, wheras the saree blouse has only one color.. Again nishikas told me to buy and give that extra cloth also ..:bonk

Can you please share your ideas in stitching designer blouses... these pics are so pretty, but looks like i can enjoy them only in pictures.. Seems impossible to get one done of our choice in chennai...

2. hemalathaK

hemalathaK Platinum IL'ite

Sri, yeah you are true.My friend got her designer blouse done in some boutique(don't remember the name) and they charged more than 3000/4000 for a blouse.

I think you should find a boutique where they take the responsibility of finding the required extra fittings/materials and we can pay the amount finally.

But the designer blouse costs are really too much:rant

3. sritas

sritas Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Priya,
    Yes in most of the places they ask us to buy the material as they do not want to go out hunting for them.
    Now a days all the sarees come with attached blouse, but you get good material in Nalli Silks, Panagal Park, Chennai.
    I go to a tailor opp. Hindi Parchar Shabha on the Thanikachalam Road named Satya Tailors.........there the lady ask us the budget and them do the design accordingly matching the saree.
    You can search for the telephone number.

4. SriPriya123

Yes hema, looks like we can enjoy all these in pictures only. When will it become an affordable reality.. My MIL got Kundan/stone work done for about 1.5k, but that was in hyd.. Nothing i know like this in chennai..

3k is attrocious.. the saree cost only will be that much.

5. SriPriya123

Oh that is nice to hear Sritas.. i will remember that tailors name, do they also do stone work / embroidery etc? or is it just designer stitching??

6. sritas

sritas Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Priya they do stone work, aari work too on the blouse.............you can quote your budget.

7. SriPriya123

Thanks Sritas.

1 person likes this.
  8. sapnaHYD

sapnaHYD Gold IL'ite

Price depends on the design you select. Is it a heavy stone work design you selected? Usually you can get bridal blouse designs for 3k. May be the prices are high in chennai and that too in boutiques no need to say. I have given the blouses for work in vijayawada(to a maggam work person not in boutique).They have the designs catalogue with them or even based on the saree they will design it(sometimes contrast colors as u said).We need not provide any material.just select the design and bargain the price.

The charge for my blouses was 500-600 Rs for simple designs.check these pictures...

2.JPG

1.jpg

3 people like this.
  9. SriPriya123

Thanks Sapna, so designs like above comes upto 500 rs? hmm now thats affordable.

In the botiq i gave my wedding blouse and the guy drew some pictures in paper and told me how it would come out to be. There was no catalog :(

10. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Work done by hand is costly due to the time and effort taken to do the work. Try doing a small design by yourself and you will know how much time, effort and imagination it takes. You must be ready to pay if you want really different blouse. You get worked blouses in readymade shops like Naidu hall, Naihaa.