1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Bra types for different blouses - please advise

Discussion in 'Clothing & Apparels' started by Brinda1, Oct 31, 2011.

1. Brinda1

Brinda1 Bronze IL'ite

Hello,

I am a little embarassed, but wanted to know what bra types to wear for the following blouses:

a) Spaghetti strap blouses
    b) Blouses with a deep back or backless blouses
    c) Halterneck
    d) blouses that are in the "tube style", that is, no sleeves or straps or anything covering shoulders.
    e) Blouses that have a low square neck.

The reason I am asking is I have to attend a wedding soon, and I got stiched some good blouses from a tailor seeing all the designs on this forum, but after I got the blouses home, not even one bra is looking good. Some places the straps are showing, some places the back of the bra is showing.

I took them back to the tailor and he was laughing and saying that you dont need to wear any bra below, but I am not comfortable with that. Thanks.

2. PinkRubies

PinkRubies Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

a) strapless bras
    b) bra with a clear back, or silicon cups
    c) bra with halter straps
    d) strapless bras
    e) strapless bras / low neck bras

3. Brinda1

Brinda1 Bronze IL'ite

Thanks Pink.Rubies,

Can you suggest some brands for these? I went to a mall here and it was very expensive to buy these bras. Also, they would not let me try it on, so I had no idea of the fitting.

4. rosy786

rosy786 IL Hall of Fame

Nowadays,bra is attached to the blouse...

readymade blouse cum bra itself available now,so stitch like that from next time which dont need any bra to be worn.

5. PinkRubies

PinkRubies Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

I'd suggest you but a convertible bra, lone bra worn 7 different ways, make sure you go to a shop where they will let you try it on.

6. Brinda1

Brinda1 Bronze IL'ite

Thanks Rosy. I will definitely ask for a stitched bra next time.
    Thanks Pink.Rubies. I did not know about convertible bra. I will search for a shop that sells one.

7. rosy786

rosy786 IL Hall of Fame

Pleasure Brindha..........

8. shantisubra

shantisubra Gold IL'ite

Hi Brinda

These type of blouses are stitched with padding on the cups area like linings. So you dont have to wear a bra inside. In Dubai tailors stitch like that for special designs blouse as you mentioned..... broad back, haltar neck, strapless or spaghetti types.

Whichever type of bra you wear they will be visible from somewhere......... so if the tailor has not done the padding, take back to him/her and got the padding done, then only you can wear the blouse.

Nice to know that you have a wedding and got some nice designer blouses stitched. Can you post them here please? Would love to see them.

Best Rgds
    Shanti

9. Brinda1

Brinda1 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Shanti, I am not good at taking snaps, but will definitely try. Right now am searching for some sequins to embrioder the blouses as want to be able to mix and match. My relative in India was saying contrast blouses are the fashion now. Please give me some time.

10. mitali123

mitali123 Bronze IL'ite

Hi,
    This may help
    a) Spaghetti strap blouses - Wear a clear-strap bra or preferably a strapless padded bra
    b) Blouses with a deep back or backless blouses - Bras with clear back straps or the regular ones that have deep and wide back. A single hook bra may be an economical option
    c) Halterneck - A strapless, clear strap bra would be good. For clear-strap ones wear them like halterneck using a single strap worn around your neck
    d) blouses that are in the "tube style", that is, no sleeves or straps or anything covering shoulders. - Definitely a strapless padded or inbuilt bra should be used. At home you may use a clear strap ones though
    e) Blouses that have a low square neck. - Low cut wide neck bras are available, but for these again prefer in-built/strapless bra

Let me know if this hepls

- Mitali