1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Autumn/winter ladies footwear in UK (please advise)

Discussion in 'Clothing & Apparels' started by chandni1987, Sep 7, 2011.

1. chandni1987

chandni1987 Bronze IL'ite

Hi ladies.
    I really need your advice, cause I am completely lost when it comes to chose autumn/ winter shoes that will go well with Indian clothes:-( Autumn already arrived to UK and it's really wet, cold and miserable outside. I always have the same problem each year, as covered, waterproof shoes or boots don't really go with neither salwar nor churidar pants. It's already too cold to wear chappals, khussa or Western balerinas. After today's walk my feet were soaking:-(
    I don't want to give up wearing Asian clothes in winter, but I don't think it looks good squeezing boots under the pants. I have tried it last year but it honestly looks weird. I have also tried to replace salwar with elasticated bottom jeans (or skinny 'churidar like' jeans) in winter and wear them with kameez. But again if I put winter boots over the jeans it makes me look pretty short :-( For now I am ok with a pair of ladies brogues, but I have no idea what to do when heavy rain and snow will arrive.
    I also forgot to mention I am not a big fan of wearing high heels everyday as I do quite a lot of walking and it doesn't make it easier in hilly Yorkshire area.
    Please advise.
    Any ideas welcome :)

2. spuppala

spuppala Gold IL'ite

Hi Chandini,

How about closed cut shoe made out of leather?they suit well to indian attire and also protect you from chilling weather