1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Salwar kurta for a fat lady!

Discussion in 'Clothing & Apparels' started by Madhavibakshi, Apr 18, 2011.

1. Madhavibakshi

Madhavibakshi New IL'ite

Pl. can someone suggest me how should I stitch my clothes so I can look good!
    Actually I have tried no of tailors, but don't like anyone's design....I have typical Indian body (broad thighs, waist, .......) "8" shape, after delivery. [struggling to loose weight]
    please please.....

2. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

3. libra4164

libra4164 Silver IL'ite

Hi Madhvi,
    I have a similar issue. I try NOT to make my kurta short. I opt for 3/4th sleeve. Try to wear slight heels. It will definately make you feel slimmer.

4. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

May be just off the point a bit, but wanted to warn of the risks of back problems with use of high heels.

5. Madhavibakshi

Madhavibakshi New IL'ite

thanks Satchi, libra....for ur quick reply...
    don't mind but I don't know the "empire style". Can u help me?

6. Saagini

Saagini Silver IL'ite

you try this. hope this might help you.

Stick to vertical lines

Are you on the fat side? Fear not. You can look especially glamorous. Stay with vertical lines or prints. And try matching tops/ kurtis in light shades with bottoms of darker shades.

Fabrics that fall

Wear fabrics such as chiffon, crepe or synthetics as they fall evenly around your body. Wear kurtis and tops with broad necklines. Compliment your outfit with a scarf; it hides a heavy bust line.

The colour of night

Black is a safe colour to wear. It makes you look slim. You could also experiment with soft colours and pastel shades.

Avoid

~ Horizontal prints/ lines are a strict no-no. They tend to accentuate the body's width. Also, checks and tight body hugging tops should be avoided.

~ As far as possible avoid kurtis/ tops that have designs/ embroidery in the chest area. It will accentuate your bust line and make you look 'top heavy'.

~ Avoid wearing tops/ kurtis that have heavy block prints. Keep away from whites; they will make you look big.

~ Stretch jeans, pedal pushers and tapering jeans should also be avoided. They will make you look top heavy, with your legs tapering like sticks below.

~ If you plan to wear a sari, avoid sleeveless blouses. Your flabby arms may not look good. Short sleeves will look good. Avoid 3/4th sleeves as those will tend to accentuate heavy arms. Avoid cap sleeves as they too can accentuate heavy shoulders. Even if you are wearing crepe, chiffon or a synthetic sari, cotton blouses are the safest to wear.

Hip cover

Wear kurtis that cover the hip line -- knee length or below the knee is just fine. As far as possible, wear full-sleeved kurtis. High-collared and closed neckline tops should be strictly avoided. Avoid thick cotton fabrics and starched clothes; they won't blend with your body type.

1 person likes this.
  7. Saagini

Saagini Silver IL'ite

8. priya4prabhu

priya4prabhu Silver IL'ite

Avoid sleeveless
    avoid stiff cotton
    avoid broad neck patterns
    go for vshaped neck
    go for synthetic dress
    wear ur dupatta single side
    do not wear your dress tight