1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

What are the returning old fashion trends now ??

Discussion in 'Clothing & Apparels' started by sadhu72, Jan 9, 2011.

1. sadhu72

sadhu72 Gold IL'ite

Hi young ladies ,

Fashion has always been a cyclic rotation like the globe sphere.

thus ending up with the old again . It is a fast changing world. If we take the todays fashion trends ,those were the rocking styles of 1950 s , 1960 s like that.
    take the case of short chudis . you might have seen our kannadathu pynkili sarojadevi & other yesteryears heriones wearing dresses in this style. when i see their songs i really wondered , how they fit exactly in to this modern world. I see them in tight pants , patiala bottoms , work zari chudis & what not. all these things are returning now. once in a decade they get repeated again. why to go to film industry ? that happens with even everyone of us. all of us know the current blouse neck stlye is BOAT NECK. a PAA kind of shape. to my astonishment , all my wedding blouses are in that style only which were stitched more than a decade before. This itself is a great proof for the statement , fashion is a wheel.

It may be anything like hairstlye , sleeves , saree or its wearing style.all are repititions only. I can say todays hot fashion trend LEGGINGS is also an repeat... OLD WINE IN NEW BOTTLE only.

like that what are the other things that you find as returning old trends ?
    express your views.

1 person likes this.

2. shakambari

shakambari Platinum IL'ite

Good old BELLBOTTOMS of 70s are todays Boot Cuts.

Broad belts are in too.

Broad borders for saris(3 parts)are back. So have short sleeved blouses(60s and 70s) look.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2011
    1 person likes this.
  3. sadhu72

sadhu72 Gold IL'ite

yes. it is true shaka.

bootcuts are new avatar of bellbottoms only.

mmm.. broad borders are in trend now ??? ok.

what about embroidery/work/net sarees gals ??

these are also a come-backs only na ??

4. keethi

keethi Silver IL'ite

Hi Sadhu72,

It is very good to bringback these old models and fit to the young.I think this patiyala pants have taken a new face in these years.You know Kanchana,she wears beautiful chudidars which will be modern even in those years itself.In mid 80's the chudidars will be a kind which has a u shape slit.It would be good if we bring this 80's style.Do you know what model name of those chudis in 80's ? :thumbsup

1 person likes this.
  5. sadhu72

sadhu72 Gold IL'ite

hi keethi ,

wait..... 80 s fashion is in queue.... will come soon.
    tha name ? same .... U cut only ...
    in those days the name for todays patiala [ punjab na ??] so , was PUNJABI model chudis.
    yes , true , kanchana had good dressing sense [ may be the producer or costume designr ...:rotfl] like sarojadevi .

in my college days , plain colorful sarees with contrast blouse was in fashion.
    now , we are wearing it with embriodery .
    what about mens style ??
    wearing big , big sunglasses are coming again now.

1 person likes this.
  6. keethi

keethi Silver IL'ite

Hi sadhu,

People wear even matching glass bangles which will be apt for the saree.I think men's trend has not retuned.They are new when compared to women according to my point of view.May be the coolers have come back , but now they have some chain bracelets,hair styles all are different now.Even men are not fond of keeping mustash , dense hair.They all trim well now a days.:)

7. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

I find these bead necklace collection more nowadays.they were very famous in the 80s i guess..but later was not..i still remember when i was in school,my mom would not allow me to buy these color color bead chains..but nowadyas with a slight look change,the bead chains are selling for more than 100 200 Rs..previously it was hardly 20-30Rss...hehehe....now there is a big craze for them,that holds for me too..hehehe

1 person likes this.
  8. sadhu72

sadhu72 Gold IL'ite

yes keethi ,

men look best at their trim stlye only. :)
    let them not spoil it by bringing the old fashions like bell bottom pants & big moush & other things .... appa , cant tolerate ..... god , save us plz ...

swaran ,

right. similrly like beads , CRYSTALS are in trend now. i also bought two short models ...
    as you said , tv anchors wear that long beads mala on their tops .. it looks so trendy na ?? i never dare to wear a long one , but ofcourse got a short ones attached with big pendants by me.

9. shakambari

shakambari Platinum IL'ite

Have you noticed a style among girls-

hair partition on one side and hair covering part of the forehead -a craze of 60s /70s is seen again!

1 person likes this.
  10. Coffeelover

Coffeelover Platinum IL'ite

It is nice to see the fashion in a new label. Vidhya Balan wears 3/4 sleeves which was fashion long, long time back. then came Puff Sleeves. My aunts used to say they used wear it in 1930s.
    Kanchana used to dress up well. All their short Kameeze wiht white bottom were fashionable. In 70s, no dupatta, but loose Kameeze.

Ladies save all your clothes for your children. I wish I did.

Have a good day!!!!!!