You are already
a member and logged in!
Hi all ,
our beautiful pattu [ silk ] sarees are not only expensive , but also they have got sentimental values [ like our wedding sarees ] due to which we may not like to throw them away easily. but we want to keep them with us forever. then what can be done with these old model sarees ??
how can we give a fresh look & a total facelift ??? and reuse it in a different way ??
here are some ideas from my side :
1. first DYE with a new possible latest or your favourite color. Do the Darning if necessary.
2. secondly cut the rich pallu and make it a CHOLI & the rest body as GHAGRA for your teen ages or
3. you can stich a golden blouse with that MUNDHI & stitch the remaining as salwars either for you or for your loving DD s according to the remaining size avl.
4. salwars can be stitched for yourself also with a fashionable neck & design like anarkali with the pallu & borders & even you can attach net sleeves also to that for a trendy look.
5. why to leave our baby boys , lets consider them also ..
we can stitch a beautuful kurtas for them with that & stitch the pyjama with a new bought creme color cloth. & dont forget to wear them your pearl necklaces or raani haar. if your talented tailors can make turbans also then ........... why to ask ?? start rocking..
6. give it a facelift by doing the latest embroidery or stone work & wear & walk with pride.
7. some ethnic kushion covers also can be made for your drawing rooms beauty.
8. use it as a BACKDROP for your birthday parties & functions.
9. make simple pleats as usual & pin it , & simply put this on your curtain rods on the top of the normal one . this gives a GRAND LOOK for the parties & occasions.
10. make a strip of a neck length & put in a catchy & big , dominant pendant & wear it as a necklace. be the trend setter & not the followers.
11. finally , if nothing is possible , the solution would be EXCHANGE , but for me ... this is the last choice or resort.
friends , what all your innovative ideas ???
plz share here.