1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Wearing saree

Discussion in 'Clothing & Apparels' started by sunchiajju, Oct 25, 2010.

1. sunchiajju

sunchiajju Bronze IL'ite

Hi, I'm not sure whether anybody else had posted this thread before. But anyway one small help in wrapping saree. We are conducting a diwali party next month and i'm planning to wear saree. But i dont want to wear it as single layer as it will be difficult to manage. :spin. I want to wear it in pleats but in a style similar to how dancers wear. The first layer, the one closer to chest will be almost horizontal and the rest one over the other well pleated. Can someone tell me how to do it. I tried pinning up the first layer to my blouse onto the left side. But its not coming out well. Can someone please help. Hope this query is clear

2. vidhyasamy

vidhyasamy New IL'ite

Hi,

the only way of wearing that is exactly like what u said, pinning first pleat with the blouse, not in the corner but little bit innerside, then the other pleats. and also u have to see to it the pallu's falling ends are even. My friend during college days used to wear like this. Even when i tried for the first time, it was not working out, only by practise i got it.

Try it and all the best.

Regards,

Vidlax.

3. swathijan

swathijan Senior IL'ite

Even I like this style and I practised but in vain. I am not getting it in exact horizontal way and also if i put the pins first and then pleate the remaining saree i am getting uneven ends of the palu. Not sure how to do this:drowning can someone give more guidance