Why do we light a lamp ?

Discussion in 'Chitvish on Hindu Culture & Vedanta' started by Chitvish, Aug 16, 2006.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

God Is With You! Wish your DIL a speedy recovery!

Dear Chitra,
    God is always with you. He will take care of your DIL. In fact God has specially blessed your DIL already. Otherwise He would not have sent you to take care of her.
    Everything is going to be fine.
    All the 1000 plus ILites join me in prayer in wishing your daughter a speedy recovery.
    Convey our regards to her and your son.
    regards,
    sridhar

2. Surya

Surya Senior IL'ite

Dear Chitra,

The Almighty is there with you. soon your DIL will get recovered.
    Take care.

regards,
    surya.

3. mohana

mohana Silver IL'ite

Dear Mrs.C,

Sorry to hear the news.we wish your DIL for a speedy recovery.All of our prayers coming with you.Please take care of her and yourself.

love,
    mohana.

4. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Wishing to "Get Well" soon

Mrs. Chitra,

On behalf of the IndusLadies Community we pray & wish for your D-I-L to "Get Well" soon. When someone gets sick at home, more than the person who is sick it is the other family members who are more tensed & worried. Our regards to your son and other family members. Do not worry.

Greatly appreciate your dedication towards this community, inspite of such an emergency you made it a point to inform about your absence in the community. As Laxmi rightly said, we all will wait for you to come back with the good news that your D-I-L is recovering faster.

1 person likes this.
  5. purnima_2k

purnima_2k Senior IL'ite

Wishes

HI Mrs CV,

My heartfelt warm wishes to Chitru for a speedy recovery. At the same time, i know that your health is not in great condition too. So as diff as it maybe,please dont strain yourself much!

Chitru will just be fine!

Purni

6. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

My best wishes and a speedy recovery

I too did not log on yesterday and did so only now. My first impulse was to check on Chitra's column for this Thursday and was sorry to read about her d-i-l.

I am so very sorry Chitra, hope she will recover very soon and will be fit and well. Please convey my best wishes to her. Above all, all our prayers will defenitely speed her recovery. I am also concerned about you. Please take care and do not worry about IL, we will get by.

We are all with you in our thoughts and you are in my prayers.

Love and regards,
    Kamla

7. Priya Amarnath

Priya Amarnath Bronze IL'ite

Speedy recovery

Dear Chithra

Sorry to hear the news about ur dil's surgery. We wish her a speedy recovery. Our prayers are with you and your fly. Please convey my regards to your dil.

Love and Regards
    Priya

8. honeybee

honeybee Gold IL'ite

Dear Chitra ma'am

Wishing your DIL a speedy recovery.

Regards
    Sowmya

9. meenaprakash

meenaprakash Silver IL'ite

beautiful post..

Dear Chitra,

Lighting lamps - it means sacred, cheer, bright, a new beginning, etc.
    Another beautiful post & am sure this one would cheer up all ladies - as it is our favorite activity & even if one doesn't know lenghty shlokas & diff formats of doing puja, this is one way of getting into spiritual mood - the simplest way.

Also, reminds me of Diwali the festival of lights.

10. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Hello Vidya, MOHANA, Induslady, Purnima, Kamla, Priya & Honeybee,

I am very thankful to all of you for your enquiries about my dil, Chitru ( yes, my name sake ! ).
    She underwent " FESS & Streptoplasty" - both related to sinus. The development was rapid & sudden & we did not want to postpone. After the surgery her nose was completely blocked & she had to breathe through her mouth. She went through a very painful period & felt suffocated.
    Now she has come out of the worst & it is a matter of just a few days for complete recovery.
    She profusely thanks you all for your sentiments, through me.

My dear Sridhar,
    Well, sir, I did'nt want to club you with the ladies, though I know, you will not mind !
    Thankyou for expressing your sentiment that my dil is specially blessed. My responsibility is increasing !
    So, my dil had to undergo a surgery, for you, Sir, to peep into my forum ?! - ha ha ha.

Love & regards,
    Chithra.