Why do we have a Puja Room ?

Discussion in 'Chitvish on Hindu Culture & Vedanta' started by Chitvish, Jul 13, 2006.

1. Meenasri

Meenasri Silver IL'ite

Dear Chitvish,
    Another informative and interesting article from you..

Best part i liked was "We can call our puja room, our " stress buster", right ? My mother always used to tell me' When you feel depressed, go to that room, talk to Him, shout to Him if need be, cry to Him. When you leave that room, you will feel strangely peaceful" ! " its so true ...i do this always :)

I am sorry to ask a unsignificant question , but it just keeps ringing bells in my head always ..My elders say that we shouldnt touch or pray in the pooja room ,during the 3 days ..But why shouldnt we do it , other religions they follow it ..and i think its ok in doing it since gods the one who created us and gave us such things ...and gods there everywhere , but why so significant that we shouldnt touch or go to the pooja room !

Thanks ,
    Meena:bonk

2. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Meenasri, For your second query, there has been an old thread dicussing 'threadbare' what you have asked about. Please search for it & read.
    Love,
    Chithra

3. Meenasri

Meenasri Silver IL'ite

Dear Chitvish,

Thanks for your reply , since im new to using this site , i was unable to find the details you have reffered , kindly assit ..knowing that you have given the answer and not reading it makes it more worst for me !

Thanks

4. Chitvish

Please go to
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/queries-on-religion-and-spirituality/4867-me-so-duh.html

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/religious-info-and-music/37044-when-do-you-go-temple.html

These are just two. lease you search for one more yourself. By searching you may across a wealth of information.
    Love,
    Chithra.

5. Meenasri

Meenasri Silver IL'ite

Thanks a lot Dear Chitvish , it was quite useful .Lot more to read thou ! Im going through the threads to check if my doubts are cleared ..

6. Mistylake

Mistylake New IL'ite

Thank you for the interesting information

7. star83

star83 Senior IL'ite

Thank You Chitvish.

Sugi

8. skchivukula

skchivukula Bronze IL'ite

Dear Madam
    Its a very useful information. In fact each house should have a special room - mostly in the north-east (eisanyam room) for pooja. In my opinion when there is a special room i.e., a drawing room for guests, then the Supreme Guest - GOD - should definitely be provided with the best room in the house and neatly decorated with toranam, flowers etc.

9. Gayathri47

Gayathri47 Silver IL'ite

Dear Mami,
    Thank you for the wonderful information shared here! I truely believe in the forces in a pooja room and while talking to God Himself... and really agree when you mention to have a special place for the Lords.

I know you said that you are not that much into vastus but as this thread here did mention (by some members) that north-east is the direction to have pooja rooms and never to place the room on the south, etc...

Does it really matter? I was planning to have the pooja room set up in our new house - there was a nice and big enough space in the living room and somewhat detached to the living room (that is what made me even more inclined to decide that it would really be a nice place). Unfortunately, some one of my relative made it a point to ask the Pujari if it was ok and guess what he said not to do it (I am not sure it that was strict NO-NO or was it simply that found a better place - he mentioned the kitchen instead - which I strictly dont want to veg - non - veg issues) :spin

I dont which I am disppointed more abt - the relative asking it or the Pujari denying it.! Although the Pujari dint approve (i think it was coz of the direction of the house/area) also it doesn't fit with the directions some of the other posts talk abt, I really would want to know do all these directios matter? Would God be angry at it? Besides - we like live in an apartment and cant get all the directions in the houses correct!!! ? Right? Thats y I have abstained from all these knowledge, but un-evitably this came forward... I really wanted that area to be secured for Him coz I think it is private enough yet dominant! I really want it from my heart

Do you really thing that it would be bad idea to still go ahead?

Thank you for the patience
    Gayathri

10. Chitvish

Dear Gayathri, it is sad that you have got into a 'mess'!!
    What I write now is strictly personal - no offence meant to anybody, whom so ever.
    Go by the dictates of your heart & the convenience.
    In the prime of our life we lived in a big house which had the servants' toilet in the NE corner. Vasthu was not famous then!We had a fulfilling period of our life there.
    Whatever you go ahead with, should be in the comfort-zone of your thoughts and actions.
    Devotion, attitude etc matter more than direction et al.
    All the best.
    Love,
    Chithra.