Ilites in and around Mambalam,T.Nagar, Saidapet & Ashoknagar,kk nagar

Discussion in 'Chennai' started by kaverivenkat, Sep 16, 2008.

1. kaverivenkat

kaverivenkat Bronze IL'ite

Hai friends,

Anybody from West Mambalam, T. Nagar, Saidapet and Ashoknagar areas.
    Please introduce yourself.

Kaverivenkat

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2009

2. ursnegithi

ursnegithi Senior IL'ite

Re: Mambalam,T.Nagar, Saidapet & Ashoknagar

Hi Kaveri, how are you? Nice to know you through IL. I am from west Mambalam, had been there for almost 26 years now....by the way where are you from?

Sri

3. vkrithika1

vkrithika1 Gold IL'ite

dear ursnegithi,

i am also from west mambalam (born and brought up there). which area are you from?

4. ursnegithi

ursnegithi Senior IL'ite

Dear Kamala, great knowing that you are also from west mambalam" know what it had been my only world till couple of years ago, till i got married....I had been in various locations in west mambalam, but for the past 15 years we have been residing near doraiswamy subway, we have lived in almost all the three streets of RKPuram. Have most of my close relatives and friends in west mambalam there..my parents are still there...I had done all my schooling there... so which part of west mambalam are you from....since you have also been there for so long, guess you might also agree with me that w mambalam was a awesome place to be in...I love to be there...especially I am gonno miss all those navrathri happenings now....how about you?....

Last edited: Sep 16, 2008
  5. kaverivenkat

Hai ursnegithi,vkrithika1,

I am also from west mambalam, Balakrishnan street. I am residing in this place for the past four years. As you rightly said navarathri celebrations
    are on particularly in Ayodhya Mandapam(Ram Samaj). They are preparing
    on a large scale in this year. I hope it will be very nice and excellant.
    We all missed you. At least once in a year during navarathri period you
    can plan your trip to India and be in Tamilnadu, Chennai, West Mambalam.

Kaverivenkat

Last edited: Sep 17, 2008
  6. vkrithika1

vkrithika1 Gold IL'ite

dear kaveri and ursnegithi,

I am also from balakrishnanmudali street.Are you from balakrishnan mudail or naickan st.Our apts itself is a great community with 128flats. we had a great time there.
    I miss ram navami functions in ayodhya mandapam a lot.We used to sit there till 11pm hearing the carnatic music.
    And also navarathri functions and we all kids used to go to every house with a big bag to collect sundal.Nostalgic memories.................

Last edited: Sep 17, 2008
  7. kaverivenkat

I am in Balakrishna Naickan Street

kaverivenkat

8. ursnegithi

ursnegithi Senior IL'ite

Thanks Kaveri , I would be coming down by end of nov for couple of months, but then you know what, Navrathri utsav would be over by then...never mind, now that I have you friends there to update me on how festive it was in our locality...do keep us posted dear...would also love to see some pictures of the celebration if you can and dont mind.

Kamala, you have reminded me of those good old days...When I was a kid even we would go for sundal collection that too in a big group in pavadai chatai and all those fancy ornaments and sometimes fancy dresses too....and hey the carnatic music during rama navami how can i forget those....you were right "Nostalgic memories" (with in quotes)....

9. samayal

samayal Silver IL'ite

Friends,

I'm not a west mambalam resident but I was there a lot of times. My parents got married at Ayodhya mandapam and i tasted the best poli'spotato bonda, keerai vadai from venkateswara poli stall. Even if you eat until your stomach is full,the bill will not exceed Rs.7/- Wish I had bought a home there.

10. ursnegithi

ursnegithi Senior IL'ite

Oh yes I love the bondas and vadais they make...there are many nice eatouts in west mambalam and for venkateswara poli stall was the best, standing in queues to get those tasty snacks never bothered me....huh there are so many good things to talk about WM....i really miss being there..... anyways good to know you samayal thro this thread...

Sri