Menace to couples on chennai beaches at late evenings

Discussion in 'Chennai' started by NKumar, May 21, 2008.

1. NKumar

NKumar New IL'ite

Dear members,

I am not here as a moral policeman but to give some obsevations on public behaviour of couples in love on chennai beaches and how policemen and lechers and voyeurs prey on them and exploit them...

Everyone knows that beaches are beautifully romantic spots to exchange some sweet nothings with your loved one-- be it spouse or girl/ boyfriend..

But these days, with the advent of Internet and explicit movies, the behaviour of some couples cross the levels of decency and physical intimacy expected of them in public places...The beaches have turned into lurid nightspots for clandestine lovers, even the earlier decent ones like Elliots Beach in City not excluded...especially after sunset...:drool

Then the poicemen and voyeurs and peeping toms take over...

The other day..my wife and I were sitting just next to each other , without any apparent show of physical intimacy ( as we don't need to do it there!! we just wanted the waves and moonlight and cool air!!) we were hassled by loitering boys and urchins who deliberately stare closely at us, Polcemen whistling and asking us to 'go home' ( as if we had come from two different homes , like some unmarried couples...I told them we had come 'from home' to the beach...!) Then they ask us unabashedly : "idu unakku theveya?"( 'Do you have to do this?'..I mean what , for God's sake? )...Witsend
    I have heard from a young honeymooning couple on a recent flight from Chennai that they demanded bribes to allow them to sit for a longer time on Besant nagar and Neelankarai beaches...

That night ( 8-30 pm or 9 pm), there were many flashes of light from mobile phones, and wandering men, possibly video recording the activities of couples who were in more interesting/ intimate positions...Chee!

We have just read about newspaper reports yesterday in Times Of India, chennai edition on all these and how they find their way to Burma bazaar video CD shops!!!

Couples in love must undersatnd their responsibilities too...Many innocent couples who arent into physical acts get annoyed by these voyeurs and dishonest cops too...

And cops need to become sincere and respectable...

Clean up your acts., everyone concerned!

Regards

Nkumar
    Chennai

Last edited: May 21, 2008

2. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

Yes,what you say is so true.I have noticed it on Elliot's beach when I used to go there to learn car driving some 7 yrs ago.Even in the middle of the afternoon,there will be young girls and boys sitting on the beach in the hot sunRantI wonder what love blossoms during that time!!!Big Laugh

My house is close to the Neelankarai beach and it is very sad to note from your post that now even that beach has not been spared!!Drowning

3. vehera2008

vehera2008 New IL'ite

I left chennai 20 years ago. Looks like nothing has changed. It is really a pitiful situation. Most of the countries cherish their beaches . It is really unfortunate that in chennai people are unable to utilize a natural resource availabe to them.