1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

On selecting IDs and Avatars!

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Sep 8, 2007.

1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

According to The Hindu (2nd September 2007), a Spanish woman named Maria Amelia Lopez, aged 95 is the world’s most popular blogger today with about 3,40,000 views. She has fans all over the world predominantly in countries like <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:State><st1:place>Alaska</st1:place></st1:State>, <st1:country-region><st1:place>Australia</st1:place></st1:country-region>, <st1:country-region><st1:place>China</st1:place></st1:country-region> and <st1:country-region><st1:place>Nigeria</st1:place></st1:country-region>. Her fans include Prime Minister of Spain! When she was asked to put a price for her blogs considering the revenue the blogging site was making from the advertisements placed on her blog page, she declined the offer! If interested, you may visit her on this page: http://www.amis95.blogspot.com/

Blogs have become the buzzword of the day. Numerous websites get their image boosted by the number of quality bloggers on their rolls. Some sites even thrive on blogs. People spend more time on writing, reading and/or commenting on blogs than on any other activity. Blogs are age busters. You will find in the world of bloggers, twenties and sixties rubbing shoulders without any discomfort. It’s a place where you enjoy absolute freedom to say what you want. You can expend all your pent up fury on hapless individuals who write lackluster blogs. You can become a celebrity by following Scott Fitzgerald’s advice that “The easiest way to get a reputation is to go outside the fold, shout around for a few years as a violent atheist, or a dangerous radical, and then crawl back to the shelter.”

It’s a forum where you can paint the rainbow with the colours of your choice. It’s an avenue for aspiring writers where you can have a guaranteed minimum of twenty fans, no matter what you write. If you are a fiercely ambitious writer hoping to become another Arundathi Roy by the turn of the year, there are methods available to boost up your image.

The unseen bond that exists among bloggers is stronger than filial affections. You will find here husbands complaining about their wives and wives about their hubbies to total strangers. All kinds of inadequacies are discussed with unknown people. You find yourself developing a very strong bond with men and women whose real names are not known to you. You find that unknown people with strange names about whose whereabouts you have no clue whatsoever are a greater comfort and a closer ally than your life partners.

There is no wonder, therefore, that more and more men and women of all ages and descriptions are drawn into the world of bloggers. But the problem is to keep your real identity a top secret if you wish to share your intimate problems with total strangers among the blogging community. Selection of a handle or ID, therefore, becomes a paramount importance. Every blogger wants to make his ID and Avatar very catchy as a bait to lure the bloggers to his fold! For those prospective bloggers speculating on a suitable handle or ID for them, here is a tip!

What would gods select as their ID if blogging fever catches up with Heavens too? Here are some of them:
    The Mouse Rider
    The Hill Hopper
    The Wet Head
    SeaSupportMe
    The Missing Link
    The Lion King
    Bowbreaker
    Evergreen Hero
    Much m(h)arried male
    Sharp Shooter
    There is intense speculation about the real gods behind these handles. Hope you will be able to throw light on them!
    Now the gods have shown you the way, go ahead and select one to suit youself! And may your imagination run riot!

Last edited: Sep 8, 2007
    2 people like this.

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi sri,

That was a great insight into the world of blogging and also the handles...
    the ids are great...

3. Cheeniya

Dear Shanthi
    Good to know that my rambling on blogs has given you some insight. The Bloggers' World is a very complicated one. Very intriguing methods are adopted here to keep oneself at the top all the time! I do not know if you have read The Prize by Irving Wallace. The Story revolves around the mindboggling manoeuvres of vested interests in selecting winners of the Nobel Prize!
    They pale into insignificance against the manoeuvres of top blog sites!
    Sri

4. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Dear Sri,

Now........ U have made me to think...... I keep blabbering too much....... Though I visit only this site and write only here..... Is it ok or should i be a silent spectator and keep watching only......

On the lighter side of it....With regard to 60 rubbing shoulders with 20.... I agree with you, as between you and me....

Veda

5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

sri,
    I have read the prize. but never thought blog sites..could be so ....and blogging so complicated..still to learn..........

6. Cheeniya

Dear Veda
    From my personal experience in blogging, let me assure you that IL is the friendliest site I have come across. There is no acrimony here, no ill-feelings and no oneupmanship! Feel free to write here Veda and may your stature as a blogger grow!
    When I wrote that 60 and 20 rubbing shoulders, I had you in mind!:-D
    Sri

1 person likes this.
  7. Cheeniya

Dear Shanthi
    Dont get inhibited with all those unwanted details about the world of blogs. Indusladies is about the safest site to write what you want. Enjoy your stay here and make us all happy with your interactions!
    Sri

8. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Dear Sri,

Thanks ....... and thinking of me when writing a blog..

Endru nan Dhanyananen..

Veda

9. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sri,
    The news about the Spanish woman was the most interesting news in recent days - "never say die, whatever the age" is her attitude !
    When I just started blogging on the net, God showed me an avenue - I am here !
    Food blogs are one too many now, with eye-catching photos.
    Sappidave vendam - parthale pasi theerum !:-D

Now, guess who the following are, in our I L ?
    My house is me
    Hum tum ek naam me bandh hain!
    The fresh lotus
    DH inbetween wife & father
    Ardhanari
    East to West
    Peace
    Nativity is me
    Cyclic
    Applepie
    houseowner

Please do not give me up - it is likely that I will come back again !
    Love,
    Chithra.

1 person likes this.
  10. Cheeniya

Dear Chithra
    I understand why you are publishing pictures of your dishes now!
    Those names dont ring a bell yet but I'll kasakkify my brain and get to the truth soon! I'm sure I'll get some help too!
    People wwho 'never-say-die' are bad people according to a recent analysis by Kamalji!
    Sri