1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Ask your questions and get tips on Mehendi Designs from Neeta Sharma

Discussion in 'Cosmetics & Makeups' started by Neeta Sharma, Sep 26, 2008.

1. KAMALAhere

KAMALAhere Senior IL'ite

Dear Vidya,

My name is Kamala and Neeta Sharma told me about you. I have been a bridal mehndi artist for the last 10 years and will be in Chennai in December. I would be very happy to do your bridal mehndi. I can post some pictures for you to look at.

2. sangeethraj

sangeethraj Bronze IL'ite

Hi Neeta,
    I am very much willing to know Mehandi designs. Can u help me what r the procedure? how to draw? etc from the basic

3. Neeta Sharma

Neeta Sharma New IL'ite

hello Sangeethraj,
    That is going to be hard to try and give u lessons here. I am happy to answer specific questions. A great resource to learn is www.hennapage.com There is a lot of information there that will be of great help to get you started.
    Hope this is helpful.
    Neeta :)

4. bluewhitesands

bluewhitesands New IL'ite

Hello Neeta,
    I too would love to learn how to apply henna and create elegant designs. I did visit the hennapage site but it does not show how to create designs. Please advise on some tactics or a basic way to start. Thanks so much in appreciation.
    Tasha.

5. Neeta Sharma

Neeta Sharma New IL'ite

Hello Tasha,
    If you go to the conferece section on hennapage there is information about the big conferece happening in vegas in April. There are going to be a wide variety of classes there I am also going to be teaching a few there. See if this interests you.........I will try and put some designs together for everyone to get started on the basics.
    Neeta

6. bluewhitesands

Hello Neeta,
    Vegas does sound exciting, unfortunately, too far for me! I live in Houston, Tx. But I would appreciate if you would post some designs for beginners as well as any advice on how to start a design on hand plus how to join different designs. I always make a blunderous mess e.g I start with an arabic flower and then suddenly find myself trying to add a peacock!
    Messy and horrible!
    Greetings,
    Tasha.

7. Neeta Sharma

Neeta Sharma New IL'ite

A blend of arabic and indian can look really beautiful. I have posted some examples of this. It is very important to understand the elements of henna designing to do mehendi. I have tried my best to give an explanation of this..........
    <LINK href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5Cneeta%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml" rel=File-List><STYLE> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} /* List Definitions */ @list l0 {mso-list-id:761341207; mso-list-type:hybrid; mso-list-template-ids:754109300 -1275686712 -927854794 -175329618 -547826302 -2071017902 -1252495900 949129270 73795940 -1511116248;} @list l0:level1 {mso-level-number-format:image; list-style-image:url("file:///C:/DOCUME~1/neeta/LOCALS~1/Temp/msohtml1/01/clip_image001.gif"); mso-level-text:; mso-level-tab-stop:.5in; mso-level-number-position:left; text-indent:-.25in; font-family:Symbol;} ol {margin-bottom:0in;} ul {margin-bottom:0in;} --> </STYLE>
    Understanding Elements Of Design In Henna
    Elements are components or parts which can be isolated and defined in any visual design or work of art. In relation to Henna they are the different shapes in the form of motifs, fillings and accents that can be put together to form a beautiful pattern.They contribute to the structure of the henna design, and are instrumental towards the flow of the design. The terms design and composition in henna art refer to the planning and/or arrangement and is one of the "formal" elements used in this art, along with other elements.

Hope this is helpful............

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 7, 2008
  8. bluewhitesands

Hello Neeta,
    As always, the designs you posted are awesome! Your artwork is neat too with very clear and smooth lines. Another question (sorry to be a pest), what kind of gel and glitter does one use to beautify the work? Is it the regular craft glitters and glue that is available at Walmart? Are these expensive? And when do you apply these and how long does it stay on the skin? Any idea how I can get ahold of them if these are not sold at regular stores? Or perhaps you can guide me on where is the nearest place in Houston that these are available.
    Please keep posting new designs (your old ones will be welcome too).
    In appreciation,
    Tasha.

9. Neeta Sharma

Neeta Sharma New IL'ite

10. Neeta Sharma

Neeta Sharma New IL'ite

Tips for a bride to consider while planning a mehendi night

Plan your henna night two-three days before your wedding. It takes about 48 hours for mehendi to reach its peak color.
    If you have a lot of people coming to your mehendi event, get your mehendi done early. That way the artist will be finishing up your mehendi when your guests start arriving. This will give you time to socialize with your guests and also not get you too distracted while the mehendi is being done. Make sure you start your mehendi at least 3 hours before your guests arrive.
    Do a consultation with your henna artist before the mehendi night. This will let you choose your designs in a leisurely manner for your special day. As a bride you are bound to be preoccupied with a lot of things on the mehendi night. This may hinder in you choosing the perfect design for your wedding. It also gives the artist an opportunity to prepare better for your mehendi night.
    Get all your pre-bridal beauty work (waxing, manicure, pedicure etc) before getting the mehendi done. The less it is exposed to water, the darker it will get.
    Mehendi brings down the body temperature and often brides feel really cold once the mehendi is on. It is advisable to sit in a warm spot or have a space heater available if the need arises.