1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Help needed for bridal makeup

Discussion in 'Cosmetics & Makeups' started by kskameswari, Apr 11, 2011.

1. kskameswari

kskameswari New IL'ite

Hi friends,

My marriage has been fixed in June. When I inquire in parlors regarding bridal makeup, some are asking whether I want Krylon or MAC makeup.

I am not able to say which one I need. What are these two? Which is good? Is there any difference between them? Are there any sample photos for MAC and Krylon?

Some parlous are not saying this. Don't know whether they have MAC or Krylon or something else.

Also, I am not knowing much how to proceed with setting up this bridal makeup person. It will be easy if the person can come and do it for me in the hall itself.

Any guidance will be helpful. Bye.

Kameswari

Last edited: Apr 11, 2011

2. sstha

sstha Silver IL'ite

Hi kameswari,

Congrats on your wedding!!

My marriage has been fixed in June. When I inquire in parlors regarding bridal makeup, some are asking whether I want Krylon or MAC makeup.

Its your personal choice.I guess MAC they charge you extra, so whichever one you can afford and you are comfortable.

I am not able to say which one I need. What are these two? Which is good? Is there any difference between them? Are there any sample photos for MAC and Krylon?
    I have used MAC, its gives you a natural look. I have not tried Krylon so I m not familiar with Krylon. I guess it shouldn't make big difference.

You can request parlor to try small sample on your skin to check which one suits you well. Its always better to try on your skin so you may be sure that you are not allergic to those products. You cannot risk on your Big day.

Some parlous are not saying this. Don't know whether they have MAC or Krylon or something else.

I guess Lakme,Naturals would ask you suggestion for MAC or Krylon. Others parlors will not give you an option for choosing since they may use their own brand of products.

Also, I am not knowing much how to proceed with setting up this bridal makeup person. It will be easy if the person can come and do it for me in the hall itself.

I am not familiar , you can inquire the parlor.

Swe

3. navs23

navs23 Platinum IL'ite

Hi Kameswari,
    Congratulations and wish you a wonderful married life :)

Bridal makeup cannot be done in one sitting as such(at the wedding hall that is), things like facials, waxing, bleaching, threading etc is better done a day or 2, before the d-day and the actual make up done at the time of the wedding.

Check with the beautician about when exactly the facial should be done(how early or late before the wedding day). I had facial done a day before my wedding and my face was glowing on the day after my wedding(what a timing :bonk).

Also, threading and waxing can cause bumps, reddishness or other skin reactions, which do not go away immediately, so best to not do it on the eve of the wedding.

Unless it is something all natural like fruit based extracts, do ask for trial packs and try them before going for the d-day workup. Also, if you're not exposed to threading, waxing or any other new procedure, it is best to try it now and see how the skin reacts to it. What works well on one person might not really work on the other. Good Luck!

4. kskameswari

kskameswari New IL'ite

Thanks Swe and Navs!

Swe, Yes, they gave options only at Lakme and Naturals. You said you took MAC. Which parlour did you opt for? May be trying the make up before marriage will help me decide better and avoid tension on the marriage day :)

Navs, So nice of you to share your personal experience and useful tips.:cool2:

5. sstha

sstha Silver IL'ite

Hi Kameswari,

My wedding is in Thirupathi, so i am going to do make up by myself. I m using MAC products.

For reception, i still did not decide parlor. I am currently in US, once i am back to India would decide. May be i would go for Lakme or Naturals.I heard from friends they do a good job.

Its always good to do trial make up. Once you decide the parlor, ask them for trial make up. Take some pictures. So that you will know the look in pictures. Or else you would be surprised on wedding day.

Take care,
    Swe

6. kskameswari

kskameswari New IL'ite

Hi Swe,

Best wishes for your marriage!!!

Thanks for your reply. Enjoy your day.

Kameswari

Last edited: Apr 13, 2011
  7. kavitha444

kavitha444 Bronze IL'ite

nice suggestions ​

8. LuckyRam

LuckyRam New IL'ite

krylon is best one..not soo much difference then mac..suitable for all skin types

9. sravaniguha

sravaniguha New IL'ite