1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Nursing Strike

Discussion in 'Breast Feeding' started by Rajeshwari, Jun 17, 2008.

1. Rajeshwari

Rajeshwari New IL'ite

Hi,
    My daughter is 3 months old and she has been refusing milk(BM) since 2 1/2 months.
    I tried various things including singing when she is fed.It worked for a few days.Now that also is nt working and she just screams if I bring her to the position.The only time she drinks milk is when she is asleep.Now I have started giving aavin milk, but she spits the milk out.So I right now forcibily giver her aavin mikk using a sangu while she is awake.I am really worried about her.Please help me with your valuable suggestions.
    I also want to know as to what other food , I can start for her as I need to train her before resuming work.

-Rajeshwari

2. LakNar

LakNar Senior IL'ite

Dear Rajeshwari

If your baby is not taking breast feed probably you can feed whole milk (aavin) through a feeding bottle and you can wean off the bottle when she can drink from a cup..

At times feeding with sangu becomes messy and the child would scream (I know with my son's experience Witsend)

Alternately u can use tumbler and spoon to feed milk.. But you really have to be patient enough..

Try GEETH (brand name) kanji powder (it is available in chennai pharmacies and it was suggested by my son's pediatrician) which is meant for infants from 30 days.. It has a very soft texture and you can mix it with water make kanji and add milk and sugar and feed..

You can also make that kanji powder by frying all the ingredients and grind it to a fine powder in machine..

all the best

Lakshmi

3. cheer

cheer Silver IL'ite

Rajeswari my daughter is also refusing BF directly since 2 mths, but instead of giving her something else try breast pump. I pump all the time becoz she refused to take directly. Try pump than any other supplement.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2008
  4. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Hi rajeshwari,
    Please dont start Aavin milk this early - she is far too young for it. As Cheer said get a breast pump and try pumping and give it to her in a bottle. A sangu is too impractical esp as the quantity she needs will increase with age. She is also too young for solids - the earliest time to safely start solids is 4 completed months. If pumping is not possible then formula - Lactogen I or NAN are safe substitutes.( I am a pediatrician btw).

Vanathi.

5. Rajeshwari

Rajeshwari New IL'ite

Thanks for all your valuable suggestions.
    I am planning to start lactogen.But the problem is she refuses to take any thing , be it
    expressed milk or aavin milk,She starts screaming and what ever she takes is forcibily given when is she crying, dont know what the problem is..:confused:.Even if she cries bcoz of hunger, she refuses everything.I feed her only when she is asleep.Hope she comes back to normalcy quickly.