1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How to wean a 2 yr old baby from BF

Discussion in 'Breast Feeding' started by sng, Jan 18, 2011.

1. sng

sng Senior IL'ite

Ladies,

I have goggles a lot...and found divert ur child when she ask for BF...I have done that but she cries a lot..that she starts vomiting if I do not give her BF...She doesn't divert easily...not even in public...she asks everywhere...till she gets satisfied...I do not produce much..but she feels soothing I guess..that's it..

I have applied bitter ground...I have done band aid episode...nothing worked with her...Could any one share your views...how can i get help...I m not thinking about 2 nd baby right now...pls i m writing you with a hope..pls share ur experiences...Her father is not much help...I m alone at home...He is not able to make her calm down when she is in great need of it...He gets tired easily...He wants to help but somehow couldn't...we have been with her for long walks in night...she doesn't sleep until we come back home..but we get tired while taking walk with her...she leaves her stroller and comes on our hand and we are not able to hold her for long walk...so we end up being tired in bed and feeding her to make her sleep.

Even after this weaning episode..she is more demanding....initially i started less number of feeds but now she is so much insecure...she asks every hour...now she has no schedule..i dono what to do

Last edited: Jan 18, 2011

2. thepianist

thepianist Junior IL'ite

Hi Sng,

I weaned my daughter at 18 months and did a post about the same. You may get some tips there. http://www.indusladies.com/forums/1492040-post6.html

Your daughter is old enough to understand what you are saying, however she finds it difficult to accept and therefore the tantrums. You must take this calmly and keep telling her about being a big girl throughout the day whenever she is calm and in a good mood. Show her pictures of breastfeeding infants and show her in the mirror how big she is. Offer her an alternative like the sippy cup. It wont be easy for a few days, but be calm and keep repeating the same thing. Drop one or two feeds every 2-3 days in this method and then do the night weaning last. Children are very smart, but they need to be spoken to in a way they will understand. Above all be consistent.

All the best
    Smitha

1 person likes this.