1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Which Formula is best

Discussion in 'Breast Feeding' started by Padminiramesh, Mar 23, 2010.

1. Padminiramesh

Padminiramesh Senior IL'ite

Hi,

I am here after a week gap time. I have now moved to my place (MIL) last week and so tied with all work, hence supply is reducing. I am planning to introduce formula for LO from this friday onwards atleast for one time/day. But dont know which is the right one to start with. I would be joining work end of April, so Anyways mid of April i am planning to start solids. So my MIL can manage him with formula and solids.

He is going to be 4 months old in 5 more days, please suggest me a best formula and right solid to start with.

2. lavii

lavii Gold IL'ite

i dont have any expierence by my friends son is 4 months 8 days old and as she had to be back to work doc recommended her Lactogen

3. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

zoey is on Nan 1 once a day.....but u might want to try and see which one your LO is okay with....ours doesnt like formula a lot, but we somehow make her take 1 feed mixed with 1 oz BM at the moment...she is gradually growing into it though.
    another good formula,i know of is wokhardt farex 1.....both these are cow milk based, whey proteins..

4. krozwindz

krozwindz Silver IL'ite

I use NAN 1.. But paed was saying enfamil by medjohnson is the best availabe in the market. Apparently NAN 1 doesnt have DHA (good for brain development). And some babies are allergic or find lactogen 1 hard to digest. So far i have liked NAN 1 though and so has LO.

5. Vishalini3

Vishalini3 Silver IL'ite

Krozwindz, i just now checked my Nan1 tin, it has DHA :)))

Padmini, try Nan1 or lactogen, if your baby doesnt like them, then try enfamil. The problem with formula is, just to try 1oz, you got to buy the entire tin :D Do you mind borrowing Nan1 from me?? :biglaugh
    :thumbsupfor settling down in your place :)

6. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

padmini, DD was given few spoons of farex 1 the first day of her life, when i was recovering from my c section .....but now that we have started, we started her on Nan1... both are good....farex is by wokhardt and Nan by nestle... i guess lactogen is by nestle as well...
    both farex 1 n nan1 have DHA
    also Nan1 is whey 100% where as enfamil is whey 60% casein 40.......i apparently dont think any formula is good or bad, depends what suits your LO :)
    i am also confused as she takes only 2-2.5 oz formula with 1 oz BM at a time... so cant go longer between feeds, however so far she hasnt really had any allergies or digestion issues with nan1.... the only reason i would want to try anything else, is that maybe should would like the taste of enfamil or similac better?

Last edited: Mar 24, 2010
  7. manjulats

manjulats Silver IL'ite

I would also suggest Nan1.I gave it for my DD when I was in India.In fact her pediatrician said that there is not much difference between Enfamil and Nan1.she said "Just becoz Nan1 is cheaper than Enfamil doesn't mean it is not good,It has the same content".

8. Padminiramesh

Padminiramesh Senior IL'ite

Thanks Mommies...
    Today i started with Nan1...initially he refused it, i throwed that out, again tried one in the evening, just took 20 ml from bottle and another 25ml from paaladai...
    Poo,
    I think you are using Avent bottle rite, currently i have 4 avent non bpa free bottle with 0+ teat...i am planning to get another 2 with bpa free, so that my sterlizer will be always full...
    Do you have any exp with BPA free bottle? and i feel the newborn teat is very slow for him and planning to move to 3+...

9. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

padmini, no we dont use avent bottles anymore. they made my LO extremely gassy!!!!!! she ended up hating having formula.i think poornima suggested me pigeon bottles... with peristaltic teats...
    thing is the avent newborn teat were way too slow but slow flow teat was too fast... ended up sucking in lot of air and bloated. pigeon small teat is just perfect!my only concern is pigeon bottles are not bpa free but heck, she likes it!what to do?

10. charmingpooh

charmingpooh Bronze IL'ite

What formula is best for baby???

Hi All

I heard formula milk will put on weight for baby.I didnt introduce anything like that to my 6months old.Please suggest me any formula milk to increase her weight.

Cheers
    poornim

Moderator: Poornim - your thread has been merged with an existing thread with similar discussion. hope you find help here.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2010