1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Which Formula is best

Discussion in 'Breast Feeding' started by Padminiramesh, Mar 23, 2010.

1. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

padmini, are they the one with with a yellow colored writing on the right side of the box? if yes then theres an issue with these bottles.... this is the "old stock" with leaky bottles....
    apparently this is the most common issue with the bpa free avent bottles. just google u willget atleast 100 threads about the complain.
    i did a bit of googling and hence stuck to my airflex bottles which dont leak at all.

somewhr i read on babiesrus that if u dont close then too tight then they wont leak. try and see!

2. charmingpooh

charmingpooh Bronze IL'ite

many thanks tikka and poonam.i feel she is little underweight,if i give formula,her weight may increase. after ur suggestions i am thinking not to give enfamil premiuim. i thought baby stomach would be full during nights. ok anyhow will give bm..

3. sumanr

sumanr Silver IL'ite

Poonam - I have never given her formula. I just want some alternative ... if I am at office and IF I am not able to pump, I want MIL to be able to give her something ...

4. Padminiramesh

Padminiramesh Senior IL'ite

Thanks Poonam,
    But the Mfd date seems to be very closer and i dont see any yellow writings in the box...but when i close it tight it is 5n....i think i need to chk with mothercare for service

5. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

then u might want to start supplementing her 1 feed with it, so that u can see if it suits her, if she takes it/likes it. any tummy issues

6. AnithaPartha

AnithaPartha IL Hall of Fame

Re: What formula is best for baby???

am giving my son both Bm and formula.. if you give right quantity i dont think it will put on too much of wt.. but generally speaking, yes formula will put wt for babies..

give like 3-4feeds BM and 3 feeds formula.. hope this helps !

7. sumanr

sumanr Silver IL'ite

Hey Poonam/Padmini/Others -

I spoke to my doc about giving her 1 feed of formula ... but she asked me to give 1 tumbler of Aavin milk. LO has not has anything but BM until now.

1. When I said she has never had aavin milk until now, she was wild that I am giving little BM with ragi, mashed banana etc. Whats wrong with it.

2. She did not suggest formula at all - she said give aavin milk for 1 feed and if LO has a problem, we will try lactogen. Why not formula.

I did't argue with her, but I am thinking of giving either Nan1 or Lactogen. I want to try aavin/other packet milk later. Is this right?

8. Padminiramesh

Padminiramesh Senior IL'ite

Ramya,

Even i was asked to give Aavin milk for my LO by one of my pedi ( i consult two pedis for my LO) and some of my friends are also giving aavin for thr kids (1:2 ratio milk and water)
    Your first point, i dont see anything wrong there, whatever you are doing sounds good.
    You try with Nan1/Lacogen and if LO refuses it, then try Aavin and see...
    My LO completely refused Nan 1 and now he is fully on BM.

9. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

wow, and we keep reading n hearing about not giving cows milk to babies. anyway!
    ramya, i suggest to supplement her 1 feed with formula, go slow... n see. gradually increase. at nearing 6.5 months i am still not adding milk to DDs cereals, let alone giving her cowsmilk to drink!

my daughters pedi left for the UK, and the new one we contacted back in cbe was a complete moron. he said why supplement? give solids for whole day n breastfeed when u are home. Are u kiddin me?
    i am yet to find a good pedi in hyd, been too busy with other stuff. but back in cbe i stopped asking this new pedi for any advises. bah!

dont give her aavin..and at 12-13 months put her directly on whole milk, not aavin etc.

PS. m hardly browsing IL these days, just drop me a mail or sumthing incase necessary Ramya/Padmini

Last edited: Apr 20, 2010
  10. sumanr

sumanr Silver IL'ite

Hey - Can someone please tell me clearly the difference between whole milk, aavin milk and cow's milk? Also on when these 3 can be given