1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

breast milk supply

Discussion in 'Breast Feeding' started by jaskirat, Mar 16, 2010.

1. jaskirat

jaskirat New IL'ite

hello, does any one know quick and effect way to increase breast milk ... i have been exclusively pumping since i had my baby, so can any one tell me with their experience how to increase milk supply.... thanks

2. tikka

tikka Gold IL'ite

Jaskirat, do come and post this in the breastfeeding subforum of Parenting and kids and join us moms who have been troubleshooting breastfeeding issues.

3. jaskirat

jaskirat New IL'ite

hello, i had baby on dec 27th and since then i have been only pumping exclusively, since he never latched on to feed directly from breast. so i have been pumping and feeding him breastmilk through bottle and now its been 2 and a half month, recently my breast milk supply is going down almost everyday.does any one has same problem or situation. can anyone tell me quick and fast way to get breast milk supply increased. can anyone help me please thanks. i have tried fenugreek seeds as well , didnt do any miracles either

4. sumanr

sumanr Silver IL'ite

5. aparnag

aparnag Platinum IL'ite

HI Jas.
    congrats on your baby...

keep your mind free.
    eat lots of garlic

6. waitingForTej

waitingForTej Senior IL'ite

I would strongly suggest trying to help your baby latch on. Looks like you live in Novi, Michigan, Look around if you can take help of lactation consultants or volunteers as a part of LLLI | Find La Leche League Groups in the U.S.. They could help your baby latch on as the sucking stimulation increases milk supply. Worked well for me as my supply was also going down at around 2-3 months as my baby hadn't latched on well.

7. tikka

tikka Gold IL'ite

JasKirat, hello again. Could you tell us a little about how your pumping sessions have been in the last few days? Exclusively pumping moms do find it difficult to maintain supply if they get very busy with other things and miss a session or two. How many days do you pump and why do you suspect your supply is going down?
    What are your baby's bottles like? Has there been a recent increase in the amount your baby has been having - most likely a growth spurt that happens around the 3 month. You may need to add a pumping session and add foods that are considered to be galactogogues like oats and fenugreek (that you are already doing).
    If you have someone come in from India, shatavari is considered a good medicine in traditional health systems.
    Finally agreeing here with Waiting for Tej, do see if you can get your child on your breast and seek help for that. Hang in there.

8. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

second others, i can hardly pump, but i can feed her well when she is latched on....
    i suggest you to let ur baby latch, for continued breastfeeding with ease
    better late than never, btw is there a reason why u have opted for xclusive pumping?