1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Anybody tried Reglan for more milk supply??

Discussion in 'Breast Feeding' started by AnithaPartha, Feb 26, 2010.

1. AnithaPartha

AnithaPartha IL Hall of Fame

Ladies,

My GYN suggested Reglan for me. I tried to search articles about that and finally I ended up with this -

Reglan for Milk Production | Reglan in Breastmilk
    Let me know anybody trying/tried this med to increase milk supply? Am seeing some side effects in above site.

Thanks in adv,
    Anitha

2. ganges

ganges Gold IL'ite

dear

If you want to increase the breast milk production, and if there are any chance for you to get ayurvedic medicines, then go for Sthanana janya rasayanam. one spoon of this rasayanam we have to mix with one cup of luke warm milk and drink in the nights. No need to take this regularly. If you feel less milk that night you can take and can stop when you feel it is more. This is very safe and we used in our family for my sils, dils and friends etc. Kottekkal arya vydya sala will have this. Dont ever take any alopathic medicine to increase breast milk.

ganges

3. AnithaPartha

Ganges,

I agree. But since am in USA I have no idea where to get what..
    May be in INdia then its possible but here NOT..

Let me see what other ladies in USA tell reg this

4. jollyshilpy

jollyshilpy New IL'ite

Hi Anitha

I am new on the board and am from UK. I did not try Reglan but I have read on ivillage that couple of ladies did. I am eating fenugreek tablets, 2-3 times a day and following the tips Tej has already stated in your other thread.

Hope you get the supply up

Thanks
    JS

5. manjulats

manjulats Silver IL'ite

Anitha,

I have no idea about this Reglan,but I hope you know this can help with increasing your milk supply.

Oats,Milk,Fruits(Apple/Pears),Vegetables(particularly Okra) and then Garlic.If you include in your food almost daily,your milk supply will be there for atleast 4 months guaranteed and almost 6 months,depends on each individual.

6. shyl

shyl Senior IL'ite

Anitha, I have read that Reglan has depression side effect. Be very careful if you are using it as I see that you have a lot on your plate - work, travel, baby care....

I am also trying to boost my supply by natural methods, frequent pumping, staying hydrated and watching diet. I don't see that my supply has increased tremendously but I am glad that it has not reduced but gone up.

Take care and keep us all posted.
    Shyl

7. AnithaPartha

Dh asked me not to take any medicines since am going for job.. Also, am not interested to try any med..

I pump 3 times a day and I get milk for r's 5 feeds.. Tahts enough I feel.. 3 feeds neosure..

Since am very busy these days I couldnt pump in office.. Not sure what to do??

8. jollyshilpy

jollyshilpy New IL'ite

Hi Anitha

Dont beat yourself up. If you can pump even for 5-10 mins at work then great, otherwise supplementing few feeds a day is not too bad.

Good Luck

9. mridusudha

mridusudha Silver IL'ite

Anitha,

I think you are aware that if you miss pumping sessions, your supply will go down!!
    There is nothing wrong in supplementing with formula. Whatever breast milk you can give to your baby is good.
    Don't beat up yourself and try not take any medicines. Reglan has serious side affects, depression being the biggest!!

10. shyl

shyl Senior IL'ite

Anitha, I really want to say that you have done an excellent job feeding your baby so far as you have your hands so full.

I also had a 34weeker and believe me I was never able to exclusively BF my LO. All my feedings always follow with formula even though a small dose. My son is now 2 months and I have gotton into the pumping schedule only now. I am just trying to be happy for what ever I can feed him.

Mridu, You have provided me so many suggestions for increasing my supply. Thankyou for all the encouraging words. I am still continuing my efforsts and hoping that my supply might increase one day and hoping its not late yet.

Thanks
    Shyl