1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How much milk should 8th month old baby drink apart from solids?

Discussion in 'Breast Feeding' started by ampu, Apr 3, 2009.

1. lee50

lee50 Silver IL'ite

Hi Manshreya,

We started DD on sippy by seven and half months. Initially DD would just suckle, now she has got a hang of it. We tried hard tout sippy though.

I am working and DD is on 2 times milk and 4 semi solids. Since I work at a distance away from office, paed has asked me to follow this arrangement. If you can cut down the semi solids to two and replace it with breastmilk then that should be fine since you are at home.

2. manshreya

manshreya Senior IL'ite

Hi Lee50,

thanks for your suggestion, i will surely try this.....

sorry for the delayed response.

take care
    bye

3. dejavuicutoo

dejavuicutoo New IL'ite

Maybe you should talk to a Dr. You really should take into consideration your child's nutrition, and give up on tryin to breastfeed. I mean really? Your breast are not giving your baby enough milk. Obviously you need to start giving your baby FORMULA!! Your baby needs the nutrition, and your baby is NOT getting it. You are not a bad Mother if you DON'T breastfeed?!! Formula is JUST fine, if that's what your worried about, I mean, your baby is almost a year old anyway. Give it up and give your child the nutrition he/she deserves and start the formula. It's extremely important for your baby to get the nutrition the milk, breast milk, or formula, provides!! If it's been two weeks, you probably should be talking to a Pediatrician and not this website. I completly understand asking advice, but if it's been two weeks since your baby has had milk, you REALLY need to call the Dr...I really wish your baby the best of luck! Please seek Dr.'s advice, and giving your baby formula.