1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

leaking: suggestions required

Discussion in 'Breast Feeding' started by kirukiri, Nov 14, 2010.

1. kirukiri

kirukiri Bronze IL'ite

hi all,

I have leaky breasts, engorgement and heavy letdown problem. I get a letdown even if my LO is drinking from he other one :( I use breast pads, but I still get wet. My little girl used to demand feed every 2 hrs in the day.
    Now that she has started sleeping longer in the night, I get heavily engorged, painful and leaky breasts that even wet my bed.
    Though she can go longer, but I just cant tolerate the pain and dream feed her every 4-5 hrs in the night.
    I m worried that I m messing up her sleep, interfering with her needs just to get some relief.
    I cant pump, coz pumping will mean more milk production and more engorgement.
    Donno what to do.

Any suggestions??

2. glascobaby

glascobaby Silver IL'ite

:) Kirukiri,

Code:

I have leaky breasts, engorgement and heavy letdown problem. I get a letdown even if my LO is drinking from he other one :( I use breast pads, but I still get wet. My little girl used to demand feed every 2 hrs in the day. 

It's pretty common for most of the new mothers-to-be. you've not specified how many months your baby is? But still, you'd feel happy that you are with surplus and sufficient milk supply.

Code:
    Now that she has started sleeping longer in the night, I get heavily engorged, painful and leaky breasts that even wet my bed.
    I've experienced the same on my 1-4 months, heavily engorged and leaky, but how much the frequency you feed your LO, that much you will be feeling comfortable, less engorged.

Code:

Any suggestions??

But as your LO started to sleep lil longer, nurse them as they demand...
    it will be set soon! dont worry...:-D

3. priya4prabhu

priya4prabhu Silver IL'ite

Quite common as i can read. Even I faced the similar problems in 2nd and 3 rd month. My LO continuosly sleeps in the night for 4 to 5 hrs.. There is nothing i can do. I did make the bedwraps wet.

What i did is to set an alarm after 3 hrs.. and express a little out in the washroom.. Pumping doesnt help that will lead to pumping all night so dont do that... after 1 week things went normal.. as my LO started to have it once in 3 hrs.. had little problem in the night. Do not force feed the baby with the full breast.. it is better to express it out a little and then feed it. Otherwise baby poops foamy.

4. kirukiri

kirukiri Bronze IL'ite

hey all,
    thanks for the replies.

My girl just completed 4 months. I hand express little fore milk and then only feed her. But if I just express and go back to sleep, means I will be engorged again in another hr. I just dont get any sleep with all the pain and wet feeling !

5. Vishalini3

Vishalini3 Silver IL'ite