1. The Great Big Must Read List : Find Interesting Book Suggestions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Washingtonil thirumanam

Discussion in 'Books & Authors in Regional Languages' started by kalar, Dec 20, 2007.

1. kalar

kalar Junior IL'ite

Hi friends,

Has anyone read Savi's Washingtonil Thirumanam. I want to read online now. Please share your experiences and the story too.

:queen Thanks

kala

2. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Hello
    I read approx. 30 years ago..enjoyed it so much..what I remember now is very little..but really if you get a chance do read..great one..

3. sujakalyan

sujakalyan Silver IL'ite

hi kalar,

I too have read savi's washingtonil thirumanam, it was very funny. I read this long back. What I rembr is all mami's from india were taken to washington to make appalam and everything flew in the wind and floating in the nearby lake(i think michigan). All americans were amused watching the lake that something strange is happening.

4. kalar

kalar Junior IL'ite

Hi friends,

Thanks for replying. Even I have a very vague memory of reading it. I feel like reading it again. Why some of our magazines republish it as Kalki did with Ponniyin Selvan.

Happy New Year to all of you and your family

:partyKala

5. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Me too! Read it ages ago and all that remains in memory is that it was something very funny and my whole family almost tore the book to bits fighting for it to read first!!
    It would be nice to know if it is available online to read and refresh!

L, Kamla

6. Rogo

Rogo New IL'ite

7. Bhooma

Bhooma Bronze IL'ite

Hey guys

Thanks

I could download it ..
    I am going to have a wonderful time reading it now !!

cheers

Bhooma

8. krishnaamma

krishnaamma Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Rogo,
    Thanks for the link. I too read the story, when I was young. Very funny and comedy story. Mrs. Rock Beller, a multi milliner in US will arrange one Brahmin marriage in US. So from <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:country-region><st1:place>India</st1:place></st1:country-region> they invite all the family members of the bride and bridegroom. Not only that they bring ‘applam idum mami’, ‘nari kuravan’ and even ‘kakai’ to <st1:country-region><st1:place>America</st1:place></st1:country-region>. Big LaughAt that time, it came in Ananda Vikatan and at the end of the story only they announced the author’s name. ‘Savi’. Thank you so much for giving the web address here. I started downloading it.
    Do you have any other story link like this? Especially I need , Sri Venugopalan, Sandiliyan, Mu.Va., Balakumaran, Siva shankari…..

9. Rogo

Rogo New IL'ite

Hi Krishnaamma ,

Glad to know that the link was helpful.Sorry for the late reply ..
    Unfortunately I dont have any other links. I just googled this book and got the link ..maybe u can try googling for the other books by these authors.(Sorry I am not aware of books by these authors ..otherwise I would have tried)

Last edited: May 23, 2008
  10. Vidya Arun

Vidya Arun Senior IL'ite

Yes Kalar

I have read it.It was from my Dad's library. I should have it at home here. if i do i can scan and pass it over.

Regards
    Vidya