1. The Great Big Must Read List : Find Interesting Book Suggestions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Old tamil writers and reviews of their writings...

Discussion in 'Books & Authors in Regional Languages' started by thil76, Apr 1, 2011.

1. samnmk

samnmk New IL'ite

Hi thil,
    Thx for ur manipallavam novel..Eagerly waiting for devan n sandilyan novels pa....Do u have Sandilyan Vilai Rani novel...If so can u plz upload it??Thx in advance....
    Saras

2. manchula

manchula Bronze IL'ite

Hi Thil,

Thanks for the Manipallavam. Eagerly waiting for Sandilyan :coffee!

(PS: Some of Sandilyan's novels are already on net.)

Cheers,
    Manjula

3. thil76

thil76 Senior IL'ite

Yes. I does have it. But, somewhat I dont like the story. Well. I would upload it sooner.

4. thil76

thil76 Senior IL'ite

Thanks mam. I knew it and as myself to downloaded some of it, ( he..hee, though I does have those in hard copy, y not having a soft one.. )

I think Rajamuthirai, Kadalrani, Vilairani are not there on net yet. And I doubt about Malaivasal too. :crazy

But, I was supposed to finish manipallavam long before.. :bonk see.., so much delay in everything.. :hide: ( lil busy here with many things.. ) Would try my best to give these ones sooner. :cheers

5. manchula

manchula Bronze IL'ite

Hi Thil, Malai vaasal is on net too. Here's the link:
    Sandilyan - Malai Vasal.pdf

Some of his goodies but not on net:
    Raja muthirai, Kadal rani, Chitharanjani, Jala mohini, Neela rathi, Pallava Thilagam, Vijaya mahadevi (huge book!). Its been a very long time since I read these.

Thanks,
    Manjula

6. thil76

thil76 Senior IL'ite

7. thil76

thil76 Senior IL'ite

Out of these books, I does have Rajamuthirai, Kadalrani, Vijayamahadevi...

And Vijaymahadevi, very big printing mistake is there. Many pages were missing in it. Would try to upload which ever I has.

8. manchula

manchula Bronze IL'ite

Hi Thil,

Thank you very much for Manipallavam :thumbsup.

You can upload any book as you wish. We would love to eat any kind of sweet!

Thanks,
    Manjula

9. sasivijay

sasivijay New IL'ite

Hi
    Once again a very big THANKS for Manipallavam.....

Just now completed reading Chembaruthi....Feel pleased.....

Thought of reading Janaki- Devan novel....Havent read any of his books before, can you give an overview of this book?

Cheers,
    Sasi

10. thil76

thil76 Senior IL'ite

Hi Sasi,

Yet to read Miss Janaki ? Don't be reluctant yar. Its a classics of Devan. You may love humor part of the story.

The story is a clear entertainer, if you adapt to the old style or writing.

As u asked, here is the overview..

(guess, there is no harm giving u a taminglish overview as I can't able to put humor par of those in english.., straightaway..)

Natarajan, hero of the story aged 22 studying in a chennai college, whose father and his 2nd wife resides in delhi. He was in his last year of his college days.

Miss Janaki, new college entrent in the same college that year.., based from madhurai is our heroine.

Mani, a mayavaram minor is Natarajan's colse friend who is married with his aunt's daughter thangam.

Chandhru, a typical nellai guy who is also studies there in the same college. These 4 are the main chars.

In december leave that year, Natarajan plans to follow Janaki to where ever she goes as they both suspects Mangalam, her elder sister came to know their affair.

Janaki who accompanies Mangalam, and her hubby seems to go to thiruchendhur, so then hero too tries to follow them. But he would lose his suitcase, and miss the train in dindigul. janaki, who is also travels in the same train, tries to save the suitcase, gives it to her old relative Naganathaiyyar and say him that she would get it back when they arrives in trichendhur.

But, comedy part start there as next day, hero clashes with Naganathaiyyar in train.., and the story moves to trichendhur where some eventful humor happens..

Give a read to it, you wont regret for it.