1. The Great Big Must Read List : Find Interesting Book Suggestions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Oh mind relax please by swami Sukhabodhananda ( you will definitely like it).

Discussion in 'Book Lovers' started by BhargaviChakravarthy, Jul 20, 2008.

1. BhargaviChakravarthy

BhargaviChakravarthy Bronze IL'ite

Oh my dear sinduja,
    Thanks a lot for your feedback.Yeah,definitely i will quote lines from the book.It is my pleasure.It will not take my precious time.By following your sincere requests,my time is made precious.
    Initially when i post this thread,i thought to finish with some lines abt the author and the book.But i was just going through the book to write something extra and found some lines which were catching.
    Any way thanks for your appreciation and encouragement.:thankyou2::thankyou2:.I will post some lines from the book initially .......,and come back with more extracts...

Knowledge is often a mask we wear to hide our ignorance.
    Let us open wide the windows of wisdom.

An enlightened man is never confused by what he can't understand,but a fool is sure to be.

To know and not act on what you know is equal to not knowing.

Failure is a fertilizer for success.
    Learn from failure.Failure is life is one who lives and fails to learn.

Learn to feel Silence and you will hear the divine answer.Two people cannot hate each other if there is silence.

Attitude of ego-lessness creates altitude of joy.(one of my favourite lines and i have kept it as my signature before)

Love recognises opportunities and does not wait for its introduction

The above quotes are given as a nutshell at the end of each and every chapter.If you are interested i can post some contents and the messages explained with some examples &incidents.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2008
  2. skavi

skavi Senior IL'ite

Hello Bhargavi mam

I will surely get ""Oh Life Relax please" ...thanks for giving this info..

Skavi

3. Sindhuja

Sindhuja Silver IL'ite

Dear Bhargavi,
    I was really happy to see the quotes. I would greatly appreciate if you could add the contents for the first, second and the last one. Not so sure, if I really got it.

Thank you so much!

4. chocolate

chocolate Platinum IL'ite

"Oh,mind relax please" is the book i read i think when i was studying in my last semester.I have even attended some of the author's lectures. He teaches so many good things to absorb in a novel and engaging manner. The lectures may have been 2 hrs long but it would seem like its just 10 min.
    Where will I get "Oh Life relax please" here in US.

5. BhargaviChakravarthy

Dear skavi,
    Thanks again for your feedback and the continued support you give to this thread.:thankyou2::thankyou2:I too don't have the other book right now.I have covered only some part of it......Please do tell me if you read (get) it......

Regards and Love
    BC

Dear chocolate,
    Oh you have even attended lectures by him!!!!! great:clap:clap.A two hour lecture gone like a 10 minute one is rare.Computer Typing .Actually i haven't attended any lectures by him.But i would surely know that it will be an interesting one .Frankly saying,i have seen many complaining of the bore seminars:hide:.So the author is proving even more.A person who ropes others by his interesting speech is very hard to find these days.
    About the other book,i have no idea about its sale in US.May be i can find out from some one.I will try.
    Any way,thanks you so so much for your prompt feedback.It is because of you like peoples' replies which keeps the thread going.Thanks again very much.:thankyou2::thankyou2:

Regards and love
    BC

Last edited: Jul 27, 2008
  6. BhargaviChakravarthy

Dear sindhuja,
    Welcome back.As per your request,I am presenting the contents on the quotes.

“Let us open wide the windows of wisdom”.(This message was emphasized based on an example.)

A farmer once came to a sufi saint with a problem.he said,”My wife is rearing a lot of cattle and fowl”.The whole house is stinking with their odour.I am unable to even breathe.You must show me a way to escape from this nuisance.”

The saint said”Why don’t you open the windows ?The fresh air would drive out the odour!” and the farmer exclaimed “oh,no! Then my pigeons would fly out of the house!”
    Very often,we behave like the farmer when it comes to the tensions that we confront.In order to protect something insignificant like the pigeons ,we fail to open the window of wisdom.The result….tension,suffocation.So,let us open wide,the windows of wisdom.

An enlightened man is never confused by what he can’t understand, but a fool is sure to be.(This quote is again said based on an example)

Read this story about Mullah nasruddin.Very interesting one…

Mullah returns home from work and his wife finds a long,black hair on his coat.Hell breaks loose!

“You are having an affair with a young girl!”she screams at mullah.Patiently he tries to explain,’look,I walked through a crowded market place.Some how this hair has clung to my coat….believe me!’

She refuses to believe him and continues to rave and rant.The next day when he returns from work,she notices a grey hair on his coat.

“Alas ! yesterday it was a young girl,and today it is an old woman! You womanizer!! Now my whole life is ruined!”she screams, rolling on the ground in tears.

The day after that,while returning home,Mullah remembered his wife’s antics and carefully dusts his coat before entering the house.She hurriedly checks his clothes but finds no hair.Mullah is about to heave a sigh of relief….but no,it is not to be.!His wife shouts in anger,’What a scoundrel you are!Today you had an affair with a bald woman?’ and begins to wail more fiercely than on the previous days!

This misery is the result of our mind not seeing the beauty in front of us but instead,wandering in imagination and seeing things that are not in front of us.

Even in listening many of us fail to grasp important points or listen erroneously. The result is nothing but unnecessary tension.

Love recognizes opportunities and does not wait for its introduction.

An excellent example Reflect on this…

Have you observed birds building nests?They build in such a way that when it rains,not a drop of water falls in the nest.how did the mother bird learn the art of such an engineering feat?It is said that when the mother bird is pregnant,intuitively this knowledge arises.Love for the offspring brings out this talent wisdom to build the nest.

Let your Love guide you and not fear.Love will show you the way…….

Love is the supreme power…

Hope i have fulfilled your request.......Looking forward for your reply......

BC

Last edited: Jul 28, 2008
  7. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

BC,

That is a great book, that i had the opportunity of reading as well as to listening to the audio version by Nizhalgal Ravi.

The success of this person's book is his good examples to iterate the thoughts he puts across.

Loved reading your posts.

Anybody who wants a copy of this book in tamil, as ebook i have a copy, which i can upload.

8. Sindhuja

Sindhuja Silver IL'ite

Dear Bhargavi,
    Thank you sooooooooooooo much! Very good examples.
    The third example reminded me about a bird which built a nest on the side of our fence last year. My DH and I were really surprised about the momma bird's skills. The bird and the young ones flew away after some time, but the nest was still lying there strong for many days.
    Though second example was little funny, it really makes us think. Some times, people are taken away by some silly thought and loose the precious things.

Thanks again!

best,

9. Sindhuja

Sindhuja Silver IL'ite

That would be great Shanthi!
    Thank you!

best,

10. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

Heard about it.. Got to read it sometime. is it a book or some series in magazine?
    where can i get hold of it

Bargavi I loved that candle message ... very thoughtful..if only everyone can know that.. how peaceful this earth would be right?