1. The Great Big Must Read List : Find Interesting Book Suggestions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What was your favourite book as a kid?

Discussion in 'Book Lovers' started by PriyaSrini, Nov 19, 2015.

1. PriyaSrini

PriyaSrini Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

I have been on many adventures, solved crime, visited exotic destinations and feasted on sumptuous food all in the comfort of my home. Yes you figured it right, I am a reader. And I started early too, Enid Blyton, Amar chitra katha and Tintin and moved on to Nancy Drew . On the occasion of children's day last weekend, while reading an article about current reading trends of kids I couldn't help but get nostalgic about the books that I enjoyed reading as a kid.

There are many books that were my favourite but if I had to pick just one then the most dearest is a Giant Book of Fairytales for Children. As the name goes it was a humongous book even by adult standards. This was the only book I had and read for a long time ( before I discovered a library) . I still have this book ( at my mom's place, I am such a hoarder ) and every page is filled with memories of my childhood.

Do you have any book that is special to you or what was your favorite book that you have read a million times and never tire? Or simply, what was your favorite book as a child? Do tell about your book adventures and post a pic of that book for a visual treat.

Here is my book.

[​IMG]

2. PriyaSrini

PriyaSrini Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Tagging @desichica, @swathi27 @sreeram @Kishw @candyy @Chillbreeze @lampdeepa @helpmeangel @Visasri @madhuprabha @jingi92 @BDivya @daisy2015 @naliniravi @rohsiK

Look forward to read your stories bibliolites

rosemartine likes this.
  3. Visasri

Visasri Platinum IL'ite

@PriyaSrini
    Now I am going to be nostalgic! But this is nice to travel back in time.My passion for reading started with Tamil books, which is my mother tongue, so its obvious. The book I remember reading Navaratna Malai, means the chain of nine gems. This is a collection of Soveit Union folk tales, and all involved demons, prince and princesses. This is one of the books I can never forget. Slowly , moved on to Folk tales o Russia, another collection in English. Next collection my dad got us was Rat-a tat-tat, a nice book of stories without any supernatural being, but everyday life.

Slowly moved to Nancy Drew, from the school library, and took literature as a result to read books.

2 people like this.
  4. desichica

desichica Silver IL'ite

Thank you for the tagging me. My passion for reading also started out in my mother tongue which is gujarati. I used to read stories in the supplement magazines of local newspapers. I started reading lot of gujarati short stories and plays from the library as well after that. I used to read lot of science non-fiction such as astronomy, and science experiments. My local library used to have book club too that i participated. I wish I remembered any of the names now. :cry:

1 person likes this.
  5. VanithaSudhir

VanithaSudhir Platinum IL'ite

My favourite as a kid was 'Adventures of Tom Sawyer'. .. I must have read a million times.

shivanya07, sindmani and Visasri like this.
  6. daisy2015

daisy2015 Platinum IL'ite

I used to read what ever comics I could find during summer holidays.

sindmani and Visasri like this.
  7. candyy

candyy Silver IL'ite

thanks for the tag @PriyaSrini
    my love affair with books started at the age of 6 as far as i can remember. first stop was amarchitra katha. i got to know about scriptures, mythology, heros, folk tales, in fact anything under sun from these lovey books. This started a thirst in me to read all that in detailed books. same time i was a fan of mandrake, phantom, chahcha chowdhary etc. next was enid blyton, hardy boys, nancy drew. In fact i enjoy those now also. then tomsawyer, huckleberry finn, treasure island. After this alister mclean came to hold my hand and gently took me towards many adventures.
    There are so many books that i lost count, i even used to read the papers in which groceries came.
    During that time one book that impressed me too much is count of monte cristo by alexander dumas.

sindmani and Visasri like this.
  8. sreeram

sreeram IL Hall of Fame

I started with archies and weekly tamil magazines.

anika987 and Visasri like this.
  9. BDivya

BDivya Platinum IL'ite

thanks for the tag @PriyaSrini...
    as a child i used to love the Dennis the Menace comic series, gokulam-english, Gulliver's travels, scarlet pimpernal, Mermaid series....
    i just love these books till date!!!!

AllizWell likes this.
  10. anupama1

anupama1 Platinum IL'ite

The first book apart from comics that I read was Tricky the Goblin by Enid Blyton. Later on I read all her books.Tintin comics were all time favorite, I am fond of them even today.