1. The Great Big Must Read List : Find Interesting Book Suggestions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Book review: The Black Gate by Micheal.R.Hicks

Discussion in 'Book Lovers' started by Counseling, Sep 23, 2015.

1. Counseling

Counseling Bronze IL'ite

As you all know Micheal.R.Hicks is the author of 'in herName' science fiction series, which has catapulted the author to fame and popularity.
    Now this new book The Black Gate is an alternate history sci-fi which is fun to read. It is also about WWII Germany and Nazi Germany. It is a dark story which is interesting at the same time. It is similar to Indiana Jones and fast paced and an action thriller. The book is available on Amazon.com
    [​IMG]

2. chillbreeze

chillbreeze Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi, thanks for sharing your views on the book. Hope to see you more in book lovers forum.

3. Counseling

Counseling Bronze IL'ite

Baltimore Blues written by Laura Lippmann This story written by a female author is about a lady journalist turned detective. It starts off with the heroine of the story losing her job and working at her aunt's shop. There she gets a new friend,Rocky, who wants Tess to tail his fiancé. From here the plot develops twists and turns, with Rocky's fiancé' s lover being killed and Rocky getting jailed. Now Tess has to release Rocky by identifying the real murderer.
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]Photo: Laura Lippmann[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]
    [/COLOR]

Attached Files:

4. Counseling

Counseling Bronze IL'ite

The recent book I read was THE GIRL ON THE TRAIN.
    Written by Paula Hawkins
    It was really a thrilling and exiting read. The story revolves around three women and is something which is very commonly witnessed by everyone. Some people pretend to have a picture perfect life and the curtain is suddenly lifted and the falsity exposed.
    photo:Paula Hawkins
    [​IMG]

5. Counseling

Counseling Bronze IL'ite

I am a great fan of Enid blyton and have read almost the entire range of her books. A good author who was recognized only posthumously. Mr meddle is my favorite.

6. PriyaSrini

PriyaSrini Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Enid Blyton was my favourite author too, as a kid. The famous five, secret seven, Noddy and so many more. I would imagine spending long summer vacations in picnics eating scones and jam tarts...