1. The Great Big Must Read List : Find Interesting Book Suggestions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Fashionably Yours by Swati Sharma

Discussion in 'Book Lovers' started by Mohur, Dec 22, 2014.

1. Mohur

Mohur Gold IL'ite

Fashionably Yours is the story of Maya Kapoor, a small town girl with big dreams. While her contemporaries are dreaming of finding Mr. Right and settling down, Maya dreams of making it on her own in the big city of Mumbai. As she lands a job there and moves to the city, against the wishes of her ‘well-wishers’, her adventures begin. From forming friendship to having an infatuation to her gritty work schedule, Maya discovers her independence and its cost. Will she be able to live her dreams or will they be shattered?

Maya comes from a middle class family from a small town. As such the author has kept her character true to her roots. As she tries to live her dreams, she discovers the allure of material things, an obnoxious boss, the wonder of friendship and even a man who puts butterflies in her stomach. She was quite relatable and I loved her runaway tongue. Aryan on the other hand is a manifestation of many women’s dreams. Handsome and sexy Aryan can match Maya in her tongue in cheek manner. These two characters balance each other out. I also loved the character of Maya’s colleague, Anu who brightened any scene she was a part of.

The plot is not very unique, but the author has added her personal touches to make it her own. In addition, the author’s simple and pleasing narration style makes the book more appealing. The small details that the author has embedded in certain scenes make them come alive and easy to picture in one’s mind. The cover catches the essence of the book and I think that the red double decker bus on it was a perfect touch.

Overall this is one sassy and romantic story that makes for an entertaining light read.

2. PriyaSrini

PriyaSrini Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

I too found the cover to be nice and catchy. Is this a debut work of the author? Thank you Mohur for sharing your opinion here.

3. Rida12

Rida12 New IL'ite

I also wanna say thanks to author of this post.

4. Mohur

Mohur Gold IL'ite

Yes... this the debut book of the author