1. The Great Big Must Read List : Find Interesting Book Suggestions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Revolution 2020 - Chetan Bhagat

Discussion in 'Book Lovers' started by iswaryadevi, Oct 8, 2011.

1. iswaryadevi

iswaryadevi Platinum IL'ite

Well, I have always been a crazy fan of Chetan Bhagat (CB), right from his Five point someone. I had pre-ordered his R2020, it was delivered yesterday and I finished it last night.

Wow, CB never fails to disappoint his fans. His humor and narrative style simply made the book unputdownable. The protagonist (Gopal) in this novel is far different from his previous novels. He is a main with all flaws, yet at the end, I could not help but feel sorry for him. Most of CB's novels leave us lighthearted at the end, but this novel's climax was a little heavy. For few more days, my thoughts would remain with Gopal.

There are a few things I did not like in the novel. For instance, all his previous novels had amazing female characters. Especially, I believe Ananya is his best female character till date. But in this novel, Aarti fails to make any impression, at least for me.

CB also seems to have improved a lot compared to his previous novels. It is not just a plain humor-love story, but some what serious stuff too. Well, let me not break any suspense.

I am sure all the CB fans out there are going to enjoy reading this book. Anyone out there who already finished it? Do post your comments on what you felt about the book!! :)

2 people like this.

2. upfsabari

upfsabari IL Hall of Fame

Hi Iswarya,

Nice to know about your review..
    I've ordered for the book and I'll get my copy in another two days.. :)
    Will read it and post my comments.. :)

3. sushmavja

sushmavja Platinum IL'ite

thanks iswarya for your review..am planning to get a copy but am nt sure where i can find it here..

4. upfsabari

Hi Sushma,

I've ordered it through Infibeam website. You can try it there.

5. rkgurbani

rkgurbani IL Hall of Fame

Thank you Iswariya for your review.

I just got a copy yesterday, Flipped through the pages, but will start reading it today. Hope it turns out to be as exciting and gripping as CB's previous writes...

6. vidyajithesh

vidyajithesh Gold IL'ite

hi iswarya,
    That was quick!!!
    I got my copy yesterday and am half way through the book..will complete it today and join the discussion ..:)

7. PoornimaRam

PoornimaRam New IL'ite

Reviews of the latest novel of Chetan Bhagat??

Has anyone read Chetan Bhagat's new novel Revolution 2020??If so please share your reviews about this book.I am just waiting to hear from fellow ILs!!

Rgds,
    Poornima

8. iswaryadevi

iswaryadevi Platinum IL'ite

Thanks all for responding. I am eagerly looking forward to others reviews on the same, so that we can discuss on what each liked / disliked in the book :)
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

9. haagesummane

haagesummane Gold IL'ite

Hi All,

I too pre-ordered it and got it today, reading in process.. till now it seemed a good going...will update later with more details.....

10. upfsabari

Hi Icy dear,

I finished the novel yesterday..
    I liked the novel.. CB has really improved a lot..
    It is not about only love.. Like the tag line it says about love, corruption and ambition.. And I want to include one more word "Passion" with this..

CB's script in the conversation of Gopal and Aarti during chat was toooooo good.. I liked that a lot..

Anyone else finished it??