1. The Great Big Must Read List : Find Interesting Book Suggestions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Reading books - hardcopy / softcopy

Discussion in 'Book Lovers' started by kkdevi, May 11, 2011.

1. kkdevi

kkdevi Gold IL'ite

Hi ILites..

I see many book lovers over here.., I went through the posts and got good list of recommendations from different ILites.. thanks to all :)

I usually buy books and feel more comfortable reading books as hardcopies..

But just curious how other book lovers feel.. Whats the common source for you to get these books.. (online / library / books from store or any other sources..?!) I hope we could share our experience which might help someone..

Regards,
    Devi

2. agnath

agnath Silver IL'ite

I have always loved my books as hardcopies , reason - I would want to read anywhere and at any time, with or without laptop, and moreover I get connected to the book I am reading, and some times I am parellel reading ( more than one book at a time), so I have always preferred my book in hard copy. I write myname and the place from where I purchased and the date I started reading that book, and any other small associated informations, such as . the book was referred by so and so, and how I decided to read that book. So now when i pick up any book from my lib, I can read these small associated incidents also. It can get very nostalgic sometimes.
    As far as buying is concerned, I have bought from every where , on line, landmark stores, or any good book stores ( we have some very good ones in Pune), airport, railway station, exhibitions etc. I use lib.s only for fun magazine reading, or some seasonal magazine such as during winter for woolen designes, during festivals for good receipies etc, but all my regular magazines like today, economis etc., I prefer to subscribe in order to have the continuity and reference.

3. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

I too love hard copies. I read anywhere, anytime so softcopy won't suit me.
    I generally read books from library.

4. Soumedh

Soumedh Silver IL'ite

Hi,
    I love to read books and the preference would be hard copy.Whenever I get a chance to visit bookshop while shopping or travelling or if any sale or exhibition is happening then I make sure to buy and add it to my collection.Even my sister and few freinds gift me books ,so these also add to my collection.Sometime I do exchange books with my friends and after reading return it.Occasionally I gift books to my children and even enjoy reading those too.

Happy reading

5. iswaryadevi

iswaryadevi Platinum IL'ite

I personally do not like reading soft copies. It does not give me the pleasure of reading at all. I prefer sitting in my couch or swing, some snacks on one hand and my favorite book on the other hand. I would want to touch and feel a book while reading. unfortunately, soft copies do not give me that satisfaction :)

6. kkdevi

kkdevi Gold IL'ite

Hello Geetanjali, Soumedh, blackbeauty84 & iswaryadevi !!

Thanks for the responses.

Until now, all of us are voting for hardcovers.. and as you all mentioned it's the best way to have portability rather than sitting infront of laptops/ devices..

Regards,
    Devi.

7. RainLady

RainLady Senior IL'ite

Before Kindle I loved hardcopy, now I love softcopy. Kindle is very light and you can carry as many as 3000 books.

8. kkdevi

kkdevi Gold IL'ite

Thanks for the response RainLady! Kindle... hmm thats pretty cool device..

(feeling proud to hear about a product which I had worked on..! :) thank you)