1. The Great Big Must Read List : Find Interesting Book Suggestions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Newbie readers at IL, Introduce yourself here!

Discussion in 'Book Lovers' started by Gayathri47, Oct 5, 2010.

1. Gayathri47

Gayathri47 Silver IL'ite

A warm welcome to everyone new at 'Book Lovers'. Go on, go ahead and introduce yourself here and let us know what kind of books you have like to read, how often you read, what would you like to read further up, what makes you tick, any suggestions you are looking forward to, etc. etc.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2010

2. Saraswathipv

Saraswathipv IL Hall of Fame

Hi Gayathri,

I am not exactly a new reader. Used to read a lot during my school and college days. But somehow it reduced later. Priorities seem to have changed in that regards.

I continued being regular only with newspaper and certain magazines.

But since last year or so, I find myself slowly limping back to my old habit. Recently I read "The monk who sold his ferrari" (Robin Sharma), and "The great Indian novel" (Shashi Tharoor).

Now I have two in hand- Lynsay Sands, "The Chase"
    and Janet Evanovich's Plum Lovin'.

I somehow find myself liking autobiographies more then novels :crazy.

Anyways hope to keep this interest alive.

Bye

Last edited: Oct 5, 2010
  3. saktips

saktips Gold IL'ite

Hi Friends,
    I was a good reader at my school days. Somehow my reading got slow down after my college. After marriage, I just had time to read magazines.

But slowly I am interested in books again.
    I can say Indus ladies have brought back my interest in books. When I joined I could see lots of eBooks here. Book Club,Book Challenge and Reviews kindled my book interest back. First I started to read,

Two States - By Chetan Bhagat, then
    Girls Of Riyadh - By Rajaa Alsanea
    Veronica Decides To Die - Paulo Coelho
    Now I have started to read 2 books at a time. At present I am reading a Tamil book,
    Miss Radha - By Kothamangalam Subbu and Sophie Kinsella's Shopaholic series. I read leisurely and slowly.

Hope my Interest continues. Glad to join you all.
    Bye.

4. Sabitha_K

Sabitha_K Gold IL'ite

Hiya !

I have been in IL long enough to skim through some of the threads in this forum but never actively participated in any.:bonk

Like Saras , I was also a voracious reader back in my college days but now I do not find much time to read a novel.Even if I start one rarely do I finish it.Sometimes reading leisurely is the greatest luxury one can think of in these modern times.

I must admit that this forum has rekindled my passion to read since last month.So I have borrowed some books from the library.Well, what am I reading now.I have Chambers Myths and Mysteries, Mysteries in Ancient and Early History by Michael Baigent ,The Unexplained by Jenny Randles.That is me and my interest in the paranormal world ! :crazy

1 person likes this.
  5. Gayathri47

Gayathri47 Silver IL'ite

Ah! I see the interest is building up for that long lost passion!
    Welcome Saraswathi, saktips and Sabitha, lookign forward to seeing you all in the forum again and again ...... and again!:)

6. aminroop

aminroop IL Hall of Fame

hi

i love reading and i read books of all genre.

but my all time favourite remains THE EXODUS by LEON URIS.

my favourite authors include paulo coelho , dan brown , fredrick forsyth , chetan bhagat , j r r tolkein...and many more.

7. GitaManu

GitaManu New IL'ite

Hi....

I have been IL member for quite some time now. But this is the 1st post i ever did. I had totally lost my reading habits. I am excited to get back to reading once again....

Thanks
    Geetha

stilldeshi likes this.
  8. Remmia

Remmia Senior IL'ite

Hi all !

Me too is in the same category. Just finding time to read when my 1½yr old boy sleeps. Finished reading

Two states - by Chetan Bhagat
    Mahashweta - by Sudha Murthy &
    The Matchmakers - by Debbie Macomber (Harlequin Romance series)

9. Gayathri47

Gayathri47 Silver IL'ite

Welcome to book lover aminroop, you have some wonderful authours to name you favourite! We are all so happy to see you here and I am hoping that we will have so much more to share here! See ya soon :hiya

Geetha , Remmia - its so wonderful to see you rekindling with the books! Keep it going gals!:thumbsup

10. Saagini

Saagini Silver IL'ite

Hai,
    i like to read tamil novels which has good lovable endings. From my school days i used to read books and write imaginative stories. But when i gone to college it got reduced due to my studies and used to hear stories from my friends. Now i got more free hours so i started it again. I hope you guys help me find good novels.

With regards,
    saagini.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2010