1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

How to Reduce Body Heat in Summer

Discussion in 'Body Care' started by AGR, Dec 15, 2005.

1. AGR

AGR Bronze IL'ite

Hi all

Can you pls five some suggestion for reducing body heat. I think body heat has direct implication on our skin & hair...

:?

2. chits

chits Guest

body heat

i think a very effective way would be to eat a handful of fenugreek daily. I find it very difficult to swallow fenugreek just like that so as an alternative I usually soak it in water overnight and then swallow it or at the least just drink the water.

chits

3. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

a thin wet towel on adbomen..

summer sure does all kinds of things....u dont feel like eating and ur body aches like hell and feel drowsy but unable to sleep due to the heat...just try this have a thin wet towel around ur abdomen it helps to cool ur system...whenever u want...even before going to bed just wrap around and sleep....grt to put u to sleep...afternoons will go by with out much dry throat as no amount of water helps here...still u need to drink also....but this wet pack is supposed to keep the system under control.....regards sunkan....

4. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Hi AGR

I think u are talking abt how warm the body is normally, not heated by summer etc?

My body is always half to one degree above normal. People touching me instinctively ask me if I have a fever. This is at all times.

I asked the Vivekananda Yoga kendra. They taught me left nostril breathing (stimulating the ida naadi/chandra naadi) to cool the body. This works well. But for me the off side is this slows body metabolism and induces gain in weight.

Chits, is it ok to eat less than one handful of soaked fenugreek? One handful seems a lot.

Let us talk abt this more, would love to get some suggestions and cool down.

cheers
    Vidya

5. thanuja

thanuja New IL'ite

Try these to reduce body heat...

Hi,

Some people find it difficult to have methi seeds is true. Chits, your alternative method of soaking the seeds and having them next morning, doesn't it make it more bitter.

I used to take a spoon of methi seeds first thing in the morning with curd / buttermilk. I find that's easy.

Include a lot of watery items in your diet - like white pumpkin, pear, etc.

You can also try this during summer - take lots of raw cucumber, water melon (as fruit or juice).

Trying to keep yourself hydrated with lots of fluid in take will help people with raised body heat.

Hope this info. is useful if not new.

Warm regards,
    Thanuja