1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Brazillian Waxing

Discussion in 'Body Care' started by PinkRubies, Oct 30, 2008.

1. PinkRubies

PinkRubies Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Has anyone tried Brazillian waxing? is it painful? i heard after the wax your periods are less messy is it true?

2. JustAni

JustAni Silver IL'ite

I'm really tempted to try it & hopefully will do it in the near future. There are a very few parlour which do it & that to it's not put up on the board Rant.... So I'll have to get inside each sallon to ask :)

But a friend has done it & she says it's really good... the soft feeling is truly baby-like. That's what tempts me more :thumbsup

You can avoid a messy period, by having regular trims. I don't think waxing is required for a clean period.

3. PinkRubies

lol... well in Australia they post it around, i havnt brought up all the courage to go when i do go ill let u noe lol!!!

Right now i shave and it gets worser each tyme :S

lol

4. anjalianjali

anjalianjali Junior IL'ite

I did get it done... and I think I need a long time before I go back again.
    It is quite painful and rather embarrassing, especially is you are shy :D
    There were bumps and redness on the skin after she was done and the skin felt irritated for 2 + days.
    Ouch!

5. PinkRubies

ouch! hmm i shall w8 a bit longer now lol

6. gpallavi2

gpallavi2 New IL'ite

I have shaved my pubic hair before, once when I was operated and later, a few days before marriage, both using razor. Both experiences resulted in coarse hair in my pubic region.
    For the first time ever when I had Brazilian wax, it was in India and as JustAni mentioned, they had not posted that even in their salon brochure. I had come for hand waxing and facial service and since I was already inquisitive about this waxing technique for pubic hair, I popped this question to my server. She denied saying she doesn't know anyone doing it. And guess what, the owner of the salon, who was attending another client nearby, approached me after my waxing and said that there is one lady whom she knows, who does brazilian wax.
    This Brazilian wax professional was not a full time employee at any salon, but she can be reached for getting an appointment and have the waxing done at the salon itself, provided I pay some usage charges for the salon along with her fee, to which I glady agreed! The salon owner called this lady and fixed my appointment with her after 45 mins during which I had my facial completed.
    When I first met the professional, I was uncertain whether my decision was right and whether I could really face her nude! But once she started talking, my fear was alleviated. She politely asked whether it was my first time and have I ever used razor, to which I dismally said yes (knowing fully well how coarse my hair have become). She said that since it is my first experience it will be painful and I need to bear it. But once I do pubic waxing atleast twice consecutively and never again use razor in my life, I will see good results - my hair will soften up, hair growth in that area will reduce, skin in that area will lighten up and pubic skin will feel softer. Huh! That was a great motivation and it made sense to me since I had seen so much hair growth reduction on my hands and legs since I started waxing it! Hence I said - here I come! :)
    While I undressed, she was ready with her equipments and ICE cubes :)(well honestly that scared me! She said since it was my first time I would definitely need it). She started trimming down the lengthy and coarse hair with scissors first. Then cleaned the entire area (I guess it was soap water or might have been even plain water), dried well and then applied copious amounts of talcum powder. And there she began working diligently on small patches of skin, rubbing the strip rigorously on the applied wax and tautly stretching the skin while removing the strip. I yelled and cried (and my eyes were red as they reflected my pain), but I know she did her job really well inspite of how coarse and thick my pubic hair were. She was talking with me on numerous matters to keep me occupied, giving me breaks to breathe after removing three strips and instantly applying ice cubes on the newly waxed skin inorder to numb my pain (also at times she held my waxed skin with her hands when she knew the pain wouldn't subside even with ice cubes)
    God bless her. Why - After following her advice I have never touched razor, I have been consecutively been doing Brazilian wax for the last 14 months (once every month, though ideally it should be done once in three weeks according to her) and I have seen all the results for which she motivated me in the first place! And one more thing I would like to add, which is my personal experience that - sex is more pleasurable for me.
    Ofcourse I had bumps, swollen skin and irritation for the first four times and it takes few days to a week or even two to initially subside, depending on person to person. But my 15th Brazilian wax experience was just wonderful and gave me full results. My pubic hair growth has reduced to half, skin area has lightened up and is softer and the hair is very soft too. I had almost forgotten to add, since hair quality in my pubic region has improved, Brazilian wax was no more of a painful experience for me right after my 4th wax.
    The best part of it was, which made us both laughed - She said that she has many clients who are not youngsters but older ladies from 50s-70s age. I laughed at myself, at my ignorance and at my understanding that it was a hush-hush in India, and I guess she laughed at our fears and shyness too! :rotfl

Last edited: Nov 26, 2008
  7. cantate26

cantate26 New IL'ite

Hi friends,
    just want to share my experience about waxing.
    i get hollywood waxing(all the hair off completely) done down below since my teen age. although in the beginning its a bit painful procedure but with the passage of time hair gets weaker and weaker and eventually( after 4-5 time) u don't find it painful anymore. i go for once a month and it feels very tidy for rest of the month. the perfect lenght for pubic hair is about 1/2 cm for a good waxing. its worth giving it a go. for the reast of the body i use an epilator which is very good but not advisable to use on pubic area.
    take care.

8. PinkRubies

thanx pallavi and canatate i just went to wax my legs and arms and i think i am ready for the brazillian hehe

9. Haasinii

Haasinii Bronze IL'ite

I used to get my hands and legs waxed...but never tried this brazilian waxing..however today i wanted to try it at home and i swore to myself I will never ever try this neither at home nor at any parlour....god..it was so painful..i just had to stop it right in the middle of the process.

10. sangeethraj

sangeethraj Bronze IL'ite

Hi,
    Can anybody know in which parlour this Brazillian Waxing is done in chennai?