1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

IS it good shave pubic hair?

Discussion in 'Body Care' started by seeme, Jun 7, 2008.

1. seeme

seeme New IL'ite

Hi ladies
    Is it good to shave pubic hair?
    If, yes How to do it?
    Are there any creams for hair removel?
    share your ideas.

Than&regards
    Seeme.

2. Serenity_John

Serenity_John Bronze IL'ite

Hey Seeme,

It depends on your preference if you want to remove hair in pubic area. But I don't suggest you try for any hair removal creams in the genital area as there could be complications.

So always try to shave with a ladies shaving razors (as they are much gentler than normal/men's shaving razors). Also, I suggest you don't put any shaving cream there too--if you feel concerned about how the razors might nick you accidentally, you can try to get some ladies shaving razors with lubricated strips like "Gillette Daisy Disposable Razors for Women" with moisture-strip for easy gliding.

If you don't want to shave though, you can just try trimming the hair with small scissors too.

Hope this helps!

Sere :D

Last edited: Jun 13, 2008
  3. xlaser

xlaser New IL'ite

Yes, it's depend on you choose method as shaving, waxing or laser. Shaving is cheap and easy method and can done at home.

Some tips for shaving :

If pubic hair is thick and long use small scissor trim before use razor.

Before shaving, wet a large, washcloth and lay it over the entire pubic area for two or three minutes.

Apply shaving foam or gel over area and leave for a few minutes to soften further.

Pull the skin straight with your free hand and shave without applying pressure.

Shave upwards against the direction of the hair growth.

Massage Vitamin E oil into the pubic area after shaving.Harhar

4. amrita_tan

amrita_tan New IL'ite

hi seeme,

Sere
    is correct... some times they may cause itching problem or end up with rash.
    best is use razor for women ,,, they are soft and good. before using them wet the area properly and make sure you are in comfortable position....

you can either sit on or lifting leg to some upper portion is fine.

you can tell your hubby too

bye
    amy

5. delicate

delicate Bronze IL'ite

hey please i want to ask.. i used to remove such kind of hairs by the use of hair removal creams but now two times i waxed.. my problem is that skin has become blackish now.. i want to get rid of that skin.. do u know any harmless moisturizer or lotion so that i may recover original color of my skin from that particular area??
    thanks !

6. reverie

reverie New IL'ite

It is always better to cut first using a blunt scissors when the area is dry. Once you reduce it to a decent height, when you are almost done showering before you use shampoo or soap there, use a shaving razor softly to remove the top half. Don’t touch the skin with the razor. Always leave quarter of an inch of hair. This way you can avoid itching.

If you want to completely remove, then if you can do it every other day, your best option is to use razor again. When showering after doing the above, apply soap; stretch skin & shave completely.

Make sure you use disposable razor & don’t use it more than once. Use turmeric powder or after shave lotion. It hurts a little, the first few times. You should be OK after the first few tries.

The only two issues are …If are really sexually active, you have take care of it every other day. Also you need to get a lotion that does not irritate your skin there. Turmeric is a good healer.

If you want to do away with that permanently, electrolysis & laser hair removal are the main options. Success rate depends upon the individual.

7. GoodTeacher

GoodTeacher New IL'ite

I used to shave, but I got a lot of itching and discomfort. Try waxing. You need thicker wax. It lasts longer and a lot less itching/discomfort. I don't know if you are in USA, but here many people remove personal hairs (brazilian wax). I tried that a few times and got rid of all hair, but I felt "naked" and childish. Now I get most waxed except a small strip in the center.

8. naina21

naina21 New IL'ite

but can we shave on lips or just mound only of vagina?

9. mirrorimage

mirrorimage Silver IL'ite

I use this trimmer..and I really love it.Though the results are not smooth like waxing..but still it gives a clean result...I am scared to take the risk of shaving or putting any cream in that area...
    Braun FG 1100 - Braun: Flipkart.com

1 person likes this.
  10. Jessica.sharon

Jessica.sharon Silver IL'ite

I do feel its always better to trim. Shave only if you are able to do it regularly. i rather prefer to keep my pubic hair trimmed which I am comfortable with than shaving..

Mirrorimage ty for the link u have attached. I did go through the web page and it seems to be good enough. How long have u been using this braun? How good is it in trimming the pubic hair ?. I think i might go for it if its really useful.