1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

losing interest in beauty.......

Discussion in 'Body Care' started by anika987, Dec 20, 2014.

1. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

I am in my mid thirties and mom to hyper kids.
    I am also a stay at home mom.I hardly even comb my hair these days and stopped gym,even stopped stopping for clothes.benefits are eating to my heart's content without guilt and saved money lol.dh is quite disappointed. I do not have an inclination to look good as I feel I am at home all day.why would I need to do a pedi/mani,waxing or go to gym?I also do not know why i need to buy new new clothes?seriously,during teens we want to look pretty for others or even ourseles.now being in usa,where hardly we step out of car or if you are at home,we hardly meet people.why would i sit at home and do all beauty treatments?i hardly go to parties or even if there is one,ladies come dressed in salwar kameez and canvas shoes(not kidding)..am in one such casual group.also relatives comment why i spend so much money for looking good when am at home and noone is around.they do seem to have a point.how to make dh understand?he comes home late in the night and starts too early next day to office.makes no sense to look good.how many of you feel like dressing up when at home?

2. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

You need to do this for yourself and your husband and kids.
    It will put you in a better frame of mind when you look neat and well-groomed and stay in shape. You will also feel more confident and energized to tackle your day to day activities.
    It is easy to fall into a rut when you stay at home, but it is equally easy to establish and carry out a basic beauty and fitness routine. Do this for yourself, not for what others think about you.
    And you need to have some couple-time. Try to see if you can trade babysitting with a friend, or hire a babysitter and schedule a regular date night.

2 people like this.
  3. generic

generic Gold IL'ite

Well said! OP, I would like to add that you should take some time for yourself also, hire some outside help for a few chores so that you can have time for self grooming,..If you feel good about yourself, others will also feel good about you..I have seen so many ladies who are 35 + but they still maintaining their beauty (2 of them happen to be moms of 2 kids each)..they dress very fashionably and can pass off as late twenties..seeing other ladies dressing carelessly gives you no excuse to do the same..I say dress up, look pretty and enjoy life to the fullest..Sometime in future you should not suddenly look into the mirror and see an aged version of yourself and think 'How did all the years pass by?' Besides, men are easily distracted these days..If you maintain your looks & figure you hubby will be always attracted to you and it's a good thing to keep the romance in the marriage.

2 people like this.