1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Inverted Nipples- Suggestions needed urgently

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by malathi0874, Jul 30, 2014.

1. malathi0874

malathi0874 Silver IL'ite

hi friends,
    one of my friend is having inverted nipples. when she got conceived she asked her gynec regarding this problem, that doctor told her it will get erected after 4th month of pregnancy and told her that her breasts will become little much bigger and at the same time nipples also get outward. i told her to apply castor oil and pull it slowly daily for 10 days, but nothing happened like that, she got her breasts get little much bigger, but the nipples remains inverted only, now she got delivered a baby, the baby finds it so much difficult to suck breast milk, she is unable to feed the baby. doctor gave her some cream, but no use, doctor asked her to put artificial nipple over her breasts. but her baby finds it difficult to get the milk.
    friends, u people got any suggestions to get it corrected, pls share it. it will be useful not only to my friend, but many friends whom they r having such problem.

2. JustMyself

JustMyself Gold IL'ite

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2014
  3. malathi0874

hi friend justmyself,
    thanks for ur suggestion, but she already using nipple puller, it causes her pain in her nipples, and some allergy with her breasts, so she stopped using that one.

4. JustMyself

JustMyself Gold IL'ite

Malathi,

When I read through the net, I gather nipple-puller if not used correctly could cause severe pain.

There is also a huge lot of recommendations for Nipple-shield. Nipple-shield is generally used by many new-mom's to avoid bruised/cracked nipples due to feeding. It is also a good alternate for Nipple-puller.

Ask her to try atleast Nipple-shield.

PS: Hope someone with first hand knowledge can share more info.

Cheers.
    JM

5. malathi0874

hi friend jm,
    as per another friends advise she is using nipple shield, but as of now, she tells no improvement in that also. she squeezes her breast milk into a feeding bottle and gives that to her baby. thats the problem. any friends having ideas regarding this, pls share it as soon as possible.