1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Dressing according to age or beauty??

Discussion in 'Body Care' started by anika987, Jul 25, 2014.

1. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Ladies these days maintain themselves well, love to dress up and actually thanks to many,the age quotient in glamorous dressing has increased even to 50.

Malaika arora khan rocks at 40!! she looks fantastic and looks great in anything she wears..however,sometimes when she wears too skimpy outifts,people comment like she is overdoing it..why does it feel so despite the fact she looks great?Is it her age or is it because she is a mom?

coz the same outifts if worn by someone younger, not a mom yet despite NOT having a good figure seems OK to many.

So should dressing be according to age or beauty?

Last edited: Jul 25, 2014
    1 person likes this.

2. Radhai

Radhai Platinum IL'ite

dressing beautifully according to age :mrgreen:

11 people like this.
  3. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

that is a good answer radhai but if we consider this answer,malaika arora looks great BUT she does not dress according to age?However,the dressing really suits her.

As told b4,some do not carry off the clothes very well but just coz they r younger,it looks like people are ok with it.So, asked age or beauty.

However,good answer again.

4. MaliniHari

MaliniHari Gold IL'ite

I believe we should dress according to beauty, not age! IF age is the case, then we would have lesser options as we grow older. By beauty, I mean not skimpy outfits, but if you decide to appear beautiful in a traditional sari, it would still be beautiful!
    Not all can be Malaika Arora Khans, we dress up to enhance the features we have. Well, this is my opinion.

Also, dressing by age and beauty goes hand in hand. It is accepted and respected if we could strike a balance in both!

1 person likes this.
  5. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

thanks mailini:)Malaika was just an example.There r many women these days with rocking bodies even at 40.I just wanted to give a well known example.

1 person likes this.
  6. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

u r right:)Even I have witness many like that.They also get angry when they attract attention,NOT for the dressing but for their uncomfortable behaviour.

7. RedRuby

RedRuby Platinum IL'ite

I too think one should dress according to beauty not age. But i will restrain from defining what exactly beauty is. I dont beliefe that beauty is a certain size or color but the inner shining of a person - in that sence dressing should match with the personality, make someone happy within themselfs and just compliment. I dont beliefe that dressing should be restricted to age or sizes like if you cross a certain age you are not allowed to wear such cloths anymore - we are ladies no cows milk with expering date! Same for weight, who are we to judge what another person should dress like or in what they are supposed to feel comfortable? And i dont beliefe too that we stop to be women after we became mothers, so why change style? I wont.
    Beauty lies in the eye of beholder and age is something to be proud of so dress up and go out there ladies :D just my 5 cents...

9 people like this.
  8. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

awesome answer redruby:)

Especially loved when u said "we ladies are not cows milk with expiring date"
    Hilarious yet great reply.

2 people like this.
  9. Angellic

Angellic IL Hall of Fame

I think, we really need to take "Learn to live and let live" policy especially when it comes to what women wear. A woman’s clothing is used to control her. What she wears is treated like a symbol of her respect for tradition, culture, family values, religion, family honor etc. Nobody notices that clothing should be comfortable for the wearer.

Dressing ~ For me, it simply means wearing clothes that are easy to wear, good-looking, and comfortable.

5 people like this.
  10. MaliniHari

MaliniHari Gold IL'ite

Above all, beauty and age is "my definition". We all judge others with our own versions of beauty and age!

We should all realize that we are beautiful by birth, we are unique! And getting old is optional! If we dress bearing both in mind and of course considering the place, then we are fine! Of course you cannot be in a bikini for as wedding! (Just for an example!).

To me,

I am 25 - I wear jeans - to me it is beautiful, to my grandma it is tsk

I drape a saree - to me beautiful, to my grandma - awesome!

So it is our definition of things. Also, I believe only when we start getting conscious of our age, we would start thinking of dressing up acc to our age. Or when someone reminds us of it, or when someone says something scornfully. To us, we remain youthful, so why bother? Dress well, party!! :party

5 people like this.