1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Is beauty = height ????

Discussion in 'Body Care' started by anika987, Jul 22, 2014.

1. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

I am 5.2 in height and have never thought about it much but after my wedding MIL keeps annoying me a lot!! she is 5.7.

She is like "oh! u cannot reach the top shelves.u r of small height na.I am the tall one.let me do it"
    or..

If I wear heels she is like "Oh! I am sorry u have to wear heels".I got annoyed and told her " Please get ur facts straight.heels are not for height but it looks good with some clothes on or for posture"

Many a times she keeps going on and on about height and how girls look beautiful ONLY with height giving movie stars an example!

Anytime we walk on roads etc,she keeps talking about tall girls when she spots one and how pretty they look.I absolutely failed to see anything pretty but I just nod my head.

Even sometimes she is like "Oh! I am sorry u are short" what is that comment?????

She also annoys others in temple but asking them to stand in front of her as she is tall and they are short!!

I am very tired of hearing height=beauty all the time!!

My inspiration is always salma hayek whom I consider super super sexy!she is 5.1,heartthroab of zillion men and she once said "your heart is the one which needs to be 10 feet tall!"

So how come some people talk height = beauty ?????

Last edited: Jul 22, 2014

2. kishoreg

kishoreg Gold IL'ite

Height and beauty no correlation .......................
    beauty is something different from the above things

1 person likes this.
  3. MaliniHari

MaliniHari Gold IL'ite

Height has no relationship with beauty. I am a 5' woman, have never felt I am ugly either.

I think you should give her the taste of her own medicine once to shut her up once and for all. How about "Oh you are old, you cant do this" , "old people wont fit this, so let me do this". It is good if she gets the message!

BTW, tell her, "so what, your son loves me, so I never care if I am short or tall"! That would be the last nail on the coffin! Try it.

3 people like this.
  4. seekingbless

seekingbless Platinum IL'ite

5.2' is just nice for women. not to short or tall. im 5.4'
    if u're not too plump u will look really cute and petite and look ever young. Dont take ur MIL's words to ur heart, she is probably jelous of u.
    even though im 5.4' i feel like giant when i wear heels when i stand among my asian's friends. and always opted to stand behind or hunch a bit to talk photo with them. :hide:

1 person likes this.
  5. darmesh

darmesh Platinum IL'ite

You want to update your concepts and attitude on 'beauty' for the sake of your Mother in Law ? !:hide:

1 person likes this.
  6. han412

han412 Gold IL'ite

There is no pleasing MIL in any department. Simply ignore her.
    I am quite good looking and my MIL was most pleased with the alliance . Now AFTER wedding my MIL found a problem with that as I am fairer than her son and better looking :bang
    BTW my sis is 5.2 and the best looking and most well groomed person I have ever seen.

3 people like this.
  7. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Probably it annoys me even more since it is my MIL who is doing the talking!

8. kishoreg

kishoreg Gold IL'ite

Just keep ignoring her, one day she will fed up doing the same thing again....clear it is!

2 people like this.
  9. shreyas24

shreyas24 Junior IL'ite

From my side, beauty is not equal to height. Both are different.

1 person likes this.
  10. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Even if you are 5'8", your MIL would complain something or the other about your height, and compare you with other short girls on the street to say how beautiful they are. It is not about your height, but about your relationship with your MIL.

I had a very BADDDD relationship with my MIL. She would comment anything under the sky to put me down. She would even compare me with our cleaner on several things to make me feel bad/odd in front of others. There was nothing left that she did not comment or compare about me.

I stayed calm, ignored her and then after a while, I started rebelling against her attitude. I confronted her each time, and demanded respect. Sometimes, I even go to the extend of picking up her weakness and comment equally bad as her to give her the taste of her own medicine. I feel shame for doing that now. However, nothing worked well for us.

So, I decided to completely distance myself from her. Altogether, I treated her as non-existence. Despite living as neighbors, I totally avoided her with my whole heart. Not like ignorance purposefully, I really started feeling as if she is no more.

This trick worked well for both of us. For sometimes, she too distanced from me. Focused all the enmity towards my co-sis, and something else.
    After sometimes, now we are back. As new persons. I can see a huge change in her. She thinks twice before she comments on anything. Even if she comments casually something against me or my belief, she would immediately change the topic or apologize.
    I took a while to understand whether she is acting or trying to change. No matter what, the bottom line is... If someone doesn't like you, they will see every bad things about you.

4 people like this.