1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Need advice to take off upper lips hair

Discussion in 'Body Care' started by narmee_r, Apr 11, 2008.

1. narmee_r

narmee_r Senior IL'ite

hi friends,
    few months before i dont have much hair on my upper lips. but very little was there. one of my friend bought new tool to take off the unwanted hairs from face. she showed that to me also. & i removed my upper lips hairs. after that incident it started growing more & more. now any how i need to take off them compulsarily. i dont want to use that tool again. so i m using some ready made vax strips. i dont feel comfortable with it & more over it gives me little irritation & little alergy also. even though i m using it without any option. can any one suggest me a better way to stop this growth?

2. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi,
    Not sure why you started doing it...
    Tweezing and waxing for eyebrows and upperlip makes the hair grow thinker and darker.
    So please stop using any tools. If possible remove the upper lip hair by threading.

Regards.

3. ursnegithi

ursnegithi Senior IL'ite

Hi you can go for either Laser treatment or Electrolysis...Both the treatments will have to be taken over a period (number of sittings depends on the amount and thickneness of hair you have), both are said to be permanent solution...I dont know about Laser, but my friends have tried Electrolysis, they had done some 14 to 15 sittings, it felt as if it was a permanent cure for 3 years and after that their upper lip hair started growing, though it was not to the extent it was before, but became noticeable...nevertheless you can be happy for few years and even after that period the growth will not be more than what was before....

You can google "Electrolysis hari removal" to get further information..But both the treatments are expensive.....

Hope this helps

4. puni88

Hi,
    This is not to offend you....
    But electrolysis is not a permanent solution.
    Even with laser, you might have to sit many sittings and it will stop growing eventually. And depends on your body and the hormones which makes hair come back....

Regards.

5. Devika Menon

Devika Menon Gold IL'ite

Hi,

Apart from the expensive treatments like laser and electrolysis,I guess threading would be the best bet. You can even learn to thread at home and if you are regular with it you will find that over a period of time the growth has considerably reduced. Check it out . You can do it yourself in the privacy of your home!

Devika

6. puni88

Hi Devika,
    What are you doing at this hours???? aren't you sleeping????

Regards.

7. Devika Menon

Devika Menon Gold IL'ite

Oops I 'm caught!! Hey Puni jokes apart I am working!!.I recruit for US and UK based companies so graveyard shift you see! So juggling between IL and work!! Call it multitasking or mixing business with pleasureBig Laugh
    Love,
    Devika

8. motivator

motivator New IL'ite

nice post ..thanks a loot