1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Nair strips works great!!

Discussion in 'Body Care' started by rya, Jan 7, 2008.

1. rya

rya Silver IL'ite

hello everyone,
    regarding unwanted hair removal techniques,i wanted to share with you all about how i used waxing strips to remove unwanted hairs in my hands. Nair wax strips are great in removing hairs completely..first i tried nair hair removal strips by warming the sheets by rubbing it with hands(as per instructions in pack)..the result was not ok..but when i tried to microwave the strips for 10-15 secs and rubbed by hand..it worked out very well..and i used only 2 sheets per hand,where it consisted of 33 sheets which costs 6 or 7 dollars only...so,no mess and no strain of applying wax separately..and it is cost effective and consumes less time..i hope everyone knows but this is for people who doesn't know the trick!

sindmani likes this.

2. dyana

dyana New IL'ite

Hi Rya,

I recently came to know about Nair Wax strips and I agree with you that it works wonders. Its economical at the sametime no mess at all. Thanks for the idea of using microwave to heat the strips. I will try that option next time. I also want to share that for upper lip hair removal I use tweezer (Emjoi Tweezee) it costs $20 but then u dont have to go through the threading or waxing pain. I had pigmentation on my upper lip due to threading but once I started using tweeze my pigmentation has reduced and upper lip looks very clean. Its easy to operate and very good. Hope this info was useful.

3. chocolate

chocolate Platinum IL'ite

Good tips. I have pigmentation too on my upper lip.Where will i get Emjoi Tweezee. I want to try it too. Also I have huge amount of facial hair. Can i use it for other parts of my face too.Any inputs.,

4. kads

kads Senior IL'ite

Thanks rya for the wonderfull idea as i am using nair stripes sinve 1year but due to its boring or can say little ineffetive way of removing the hair really lost my interest .I use to do the way it has mentioned on the pack but rubbing them again and agin against palms use to make me boring ...BUTTT the idea u gave is AWSOME will try it today itself as its so cheap and easily available...infact i was thinking to take some of them to india for my sisters

I also had bought tweezers frm frys electronics shop its good to sometimes remove unwanted hair and aslo for eyebrows its good .also cheap .

Will get the tweezers in target ,wallmart

5. rya

rya Silver IL'ite

hi all,
    thank you very much for all your replies as well as sharing your ideas and tips...one more information i need to tell you that while using nair strips,you can microwave the same used strips again and again and use it..microwave the strips for 10-15 secs,rub it and use it,again microwave the same strip,rub it and use it..continues..till all the wax in that particular strip has completely used..while using the same strip 4th or 5 th time, microwave for more time like 15 secs(depends on it power) and use it..you can use the same strip again and again by microwaving it..so,usage of strips is less and performance will be good......How is it?:cheers
    thanks
    ramya

6. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Rya
    can you write the name as it appears on the label
    sorry to trouble but i know it helps
    Thanks

7. rya

rya Silver IL'ite

the label will be like this:
    Nair
    Hair Remover
    Body Wax Strips
    thanks
    ramya

8. rya

rya Silver IL'ite

Hey ananchitra,one word missed:
    Nair
    Hair Remover
    Ready to Use
    Body Wax Strips
    Thanks
    Ramya

9. dyana

dyana New IL'ite

It is available in Bed Bath & Beyond. U can use it for facial hair. U can go to google type the tweezer name and have a look at the item and description. If you like it you can proceed in buying.

Thanks
    Dyana

10. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Dear All,

Are these available in India also ? Please help.