1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Aloe Vera brand cosmetics..need reviews..

Discussion in 'Body Care' started by Ankita1234, Jul 12, 2012.

1. Ankita1234

Ankita1234 New IL'ite

How good is Aloe Veda as a brand? If someone have used the same kindly put down your thoughts. Lots of conditioners, shampoos are sold by the brand. Any feeback?

2. Yashikushi

Yashikushi Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Hi

The therapeutic uses of Aloe vera is scientifically acceptable.
    Traditionally, aloe was used topically to heal wounds and for various skin conditions, and orally as a laxative.

Today, in addition to traditional uses, people take aloe orally to treat a variety of conditions, including diabetes, asthma, epilepsy, and osteoarthritis. People use aloe topically for osteoarthritis, burns, sunburns, and psoriasis.
    Early studies show that topical aloe gel may help heal burns and abrasions. One study, however, showed that aloe gel inhibits healing of deep surgical wounds. Aloe gel has not been shown to prevent burns from radiation therapy.

Aloe vera gel can be found in hundreds of skin products, including lotions and sunblocks.Cosmetic manufacturers add sap or other derivatives from Aloe vera to makeup products, tissues, moisturizers, soaps, sunscreens, shampoos and lotions...for enhancing skin growth, help in skin blemishes.

But the NCAM(National Center for Complementary and alternative medicine) says....
    There is not enough scientific evidence to support aloe vera for any of its uses other than therapeutic.

Scientific evidence for the cosmetic effectiveness of aloe vera is limited.....

However
    At present much research is going on to see the cosmetic benefits of the Aloe vera plants and how it can be used to make cosmetic products shooting for your skin to give you a glowing and healthy effect.

As of now(or forever),I'm not using any cosmetics.
    My niece who was on regular use of Green Leaf Aloe Vera Skin Gel at night, it didn't cause any adverse effect on her highly sensitive skin,instead she had a soothing and glowy effect.
    Since I'm also highly sensitive,she insisted me to have a try.With a slight doubt mildly applied it onto my face.
    The very next half-an hr..itching,redness...:rant
    Immediately washed out and applied medicate Moisturex cream..

So the product depends on Skin type.

Thanks

3. ramkarthick2011

ramkarthick2011 Bronze IL'ite

That's great, i heard about it.

4. anli

anli New IL'ite

I have used their Body wash and shower gels. They are amazing and value for money. I use to buy showergel from Body Shop earlier. It is half the price and quality wise it is equally good.

5. mrunalini01

mrunalini01 Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Saroj,

OP asked about ALOE VEDA brand proudcts i guess, but not aloevera gel