1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Upper Lip-Waxing or Threading

Discussion in 'Body Care' started by hasa, Oct 25, 2007.

1. hasa

hasa New IL'ite

Hi Friends,

Is waxing or threading advisable for upperlip?

2. Huma

Huma Silver IL'ite

hi

it is a very good question....with threading....oooohhh my god...it hurts:notthatway:

3. desidiva

desidiva New IL'ite

My two cents is...do upper lips only if you have a noticable hairline. Otherwise, don't bother or you will get even more hair growth if you start to remove them.

Waxing on face is a big no no as it streches your skin and make it loose. Eventually over time your face develops more lines and wrikles along with the skin looking older as it has lost its elasticity.

You can do threading but it is a little painful and sometimes leads to redness and bumps. You can use some ice after you are done or apply some cream.

Vib

4. hasa

hasa New IL'ite

Thanks for your advise i think you our right.

bye

5. vpriya

vpriya Senior IL'ite

Even i had the same dilemma, for me it is little noticable,upper lips looks little darker than rest of the face but i bleach once ina while, and use home made face packs etc, so it is not very noticable, little better than before. so i suggest dont do both.

I use almond paste made with milk, which is superb to lighten the skin and give a glow. i used it cont for 3 months and got great results.
    Hope this helps!

6. CharuKaur

CharuKaur Senior IL'ite

Hi vpriya

i have a similar problem - there seems to be a dark area around my lips as i have hair on the chin as well. :shock:
    could you please elaborate on the almond paste with milk that you have reffered to in ur post.

Thanks a lot
    Charu..

7. Tamanna12

Tamanna12 New IL'ite

Hi all
    As iam a beautician in bay area iam running parlour in my house i would recommand threading is good for skin. hair growth will be slow. And skin it won't become hard &rough.I would threading is best. I agree it hurt. but the result will be good.

Bye
    Sofi

8. vpriya

vpriya Senior IL'ite

Hi charu,
    Dry grind little almonds, add 1 tsp milk or as much u want to make a thick paste and apply on ur face. you can also soak the almonds and grind but when we grind few almonds it wont grind to a fine paste, so i dry grind and store in fridge. use little whenever i want. but continuos use of almonds gives good results.

if ur skin is oily then i am not sure of the result. mine is extremely dry and but oily in Tzone. so this works well.
    Almond is a good for skin and also a good scrub, exfoliates. milk is a cleanser.

9. prishita

prishita New IL'ite

hi

can u plz tell me the procedure to apply almond paste, and how often we need to apply.i have fair complexion but after delivery my face became dull, and became like combination skin

thanks in advance