1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Threading Sideburns for the first time - caused pimples

Discussion in 'Body Care' started by zipzipzoomzoom, Apr 23, 2011.

1. zipzipzoomzoom

zipzipzoomzoom Gold IL'ite

Hello,

In the past, I would shave unwanted facial hair.

Yesterday, I decided to thread it instead, since I heard of all the benefits, i.e. less time between regrowth. There were times when the thread would break, especially when the lady was threading the sideburns. However, as soon as the sideburn area was threaded, 3 or 4 pimples appeared, along with redness.

When I returned home, I applied Vaselline on my face.

This morning, the redness is gone, but the pimples are there on both sideburns, where the left is slightly worse. I just washed my face with Neutrogena body wash, and then applied Vaselline

Is this normal?

2. mithy232

mithy232 Silver IL'ite

Do not shave. Threading is better.

Get a facial [Herbal OR Fruits] done after threading the facial hair. It may reduce the occurrence of red spots.

If possible avoid removing the facial hair. Go for a bleach instead to lighten the hair color.

3. kAlyaniShAnti

kAlyaniShAnti IL Hall of Fame

Hi Z4,

those pimple-like things will go. Probably this is due to first-time threading. As long as the pimples are there, please avoid applying vaseline in those areas. Also, you can apply sandalwood powder/paste in the affected areas (it works for me when I get pimple).

Threading is more effective than shaving and it will not lead to hardening of hair when it grows back. However, if the pimples appear the next time also, then you may visit a dermatologist and can resort to bleaching (natural way preferably) instead of threading.

Best

4. zipzipzoomzoom

Hello Ladies,

Thank you for all the tips.

While I was offline, I created turmeric/whole yougart mixture and applied it on my face for half hour (I usually apply this mixture overnight).

Then, after I washed my face with Neutrogena, I applied whole yougart to the sideburn areas with the pimples. Since the yougart is on as as I am typing, I'll leave it on for half hour or so before washing it.

I'm going to try the sandlewood powder/paste later today.

Hopefully pimples won't appear next time. I really like the job of threading, it got out all the hairs as if I never had any :)

5. zipzipzoomzoom

I'm so happy I got the threading done yesterday (Friday). Hopefully by Monday, they will be disappear, or will be barely noticeable, as I got to go to the office.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2011
  6. Anarkali10

Anarkali10 New IL'ite

You could try having them apply any acne medicine as soon as they do threading. They usually carry something.

I tried to get my face waxed last wk, and now i have bruises on my face. looks like i got into a bar fight or something :rotfl

I tried threading. It's so expensive here, and also the girl did not do a good job.

Facial hair is a huge dilemma

Last edited: Apr 26, 2011
  7. zipzipzoomzoom

I will most certainly ask!

Ouch! How are you coping? Is make-up hiding it? Are you staying home? Did it go away?

It may be worth the cost. At least the pimples I got didn't make it look as if i were in a bar fight :spin

Especially for women of South Asian descent!!!!

8. Dhaanika

Dhaanika Gold IL'ite

Use a clay mask (one called Aztec Indian secret healing clay - you can find in most health food stores like whole foods or something is the best thing out there) ... it will help the irritation/pimples. You mix the clay with raw apple cider vinegar, put it on until it dries and then wash off, and lo and behold, ALL your skin problems magically disappear!

Seriously, try it, and its ridiculously cheap.

PS: Stop using Vaseline on face, it will clog the pores!

9. zipzipzoomzoom

You are right. Now, I am struggling with an in-grown hair in on my lower jaw, just where my chin begins - ugh!

10. Dhaanika

Dhaanika Gold IL'ite

Wow that's a mess. You might want to apply some acne medication to the ingrowns (like something with salicylic acid or benzyol peroxide).

For a quick fix solution, you could simply crush an aspirin, mix it with some water and spot treat your pimples and ingrowns, it will help clear it up quickly.