1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Double Chin

Discussion in 'Body Care' started by VIP2000, Mar 29, 2011.

1. VIP2000

VIP2000 New IL'ite

Dear Forum ladies,

Need your help in form of your valuable advice / suggestions :drowning. I have recently noticed that I have started developing a double chin :eek . Though its not noticeable yet, am afaraid that this might develop into a bulging mass under my chin.

Can you please suggest me some good and effective remedy on this ?

2. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

Dear VIP2000
    if this is something that has developed new for you,consult your doctor...it can be mums too...

also double chin can be caused if you are obese...more prevalent with people who are over weight
    Limiting calorie rich food,sugars and intake of nutritious food can help
    Continuous exercise too can help

IMO consult your doctor immediately instead of trying something by yourself

3. rkgurbani

rkgurbani IL Hall of Fame

Hi!!!
    Your query just reminded me of my grandma's words.
    Never use a high raised pillow because this actually raises your head and your chin ultimately ends up touching your chest. Try sleeping on a flat pillow. Not sure if its true,but as they say.... grandma is definitely wise.
    Alternatively you could also do some neck exercises regularly which will help keep your posture erect. Take care and dont worry.

4. pman16

pman16 Platinum IL'ite

Check for your overall body weight. If you are overweight, then losing weight will reduce your double chin also. I noticed a great difference in my facial fat when i lost my overall body weight.

If it is not related to body weight, then consult a doc if it is medical related.

5. rajalakshmigopal

rajalakshmigopal Gold IL'ite

It is related to obesity in most of the cases.I had developed double chin with weight gain.

6. neets

neets Silver IL'ite

It appears when you are overweight and will get worse if you continue to gain weight.
    usually losing weight would help decrease it.
    It could also be because if you have thyroid problems,if you have recently done any test which came out negative for thyroid ,rule out this possibility.

Always try to keep your head and chin high whether you are walking or sitting , stretching the neck/ throat,with time it will disappear.

Simple Exercises:

1.Stand comfortably. Slowly raise your head from your chest and tilt it back as far as possible. Do not strain. Close your mouth tightly so that your feel the neck muscles stretch. Count to ten and relax, bring your head back to normal. Start by doing this exercise once or twice a day than gradually increase until you are doing ten a day.

2.Stand comfortable with your head at a natural angle. Open your mouth wide and put your tongue out as far as possible. Count to ten and then relax. Does this as many times as you comfortable can, again building to ten.

3. Stand comfortable with your head at a natural angle. Bring your lower lip- up as far as possible, count to ten and relax. Repeat ten times.

4. Stand comfortable with your head at a natural angle. Pull your chin upwards so you feel your muscles stretch. Count to ten and relax. Build to ten.

5.Sit upright, then tilt your head back as far as you can manage, now open and close your mouth several times feeling the muscle stretch each time.

Hope it helps!

7. yenetishashi

yenetishashi Senior IL'ite

hi ,

as our friends have suggested you can try neck excercises.............you can do at anytime ,doing your house work,watching tv ...cooking ,anytime...without noticing you will find the difference ...........:thumbsup

8. VIP2000

VIP2000 New IL'ite

Thank you everybody. Will follow what rkgurbani, Neets have suggested - was hooked to using a thick pillow until now; maybe that could help me if I avoid one.
    What still irks me is that I am not obese or overweight so far. Am quite normal, as for my weight and fat saturation is concerned - though am a bit heavy breasted :hide:. And am quite catious about what food I consume, generally avoiding oily, sweet, junk food. Then why is it that I am tending to develop this layer around my chin ? :rant

9. LLavanya

LLavanya Gold IL'ite

Hi Neets,

All the tips are useful. Thanks for sharing it.

10. neets

neets Silver IL'ite

VIP2000,

If weight is not the problem then it could be because of Posture,do you walk with back straight and head held high.Check it.These small exercises will help you for sure.