1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Biten nails

Discussion in 'Body Care' started by keethi, Dec 3, 2010.

1. keethi

keethi Silver IL'ite

I had the habit of biting the nails.So it had not grown properly.short infact.What should i do to grow it .If i leave for some days,it grows but i feel that is very weak.Tell me how to get long nails and protect them stronger.

Thanks in advance.:)

Last edited: Dec 3, 2010

2. ptamil2007

ptamil2007 Gold IL'ite

I too have the same problem and I really want to give up this age old habit.

Looking for some tips and motivation

3. supersonalee

supersonalee New IL'ite

Even I had the same problem..
    What helped me was my self-determination..
    Just think.. that there's nothing you're gaining from eating your nails out.
    Think about all the icky germs getting in your mouth.
    Oh and yeah.. Put some nailpolish on... something which tastes REALLY REALLY bad..
    So whenever you'll try to bite your nails.. the awful taste would keep you away from doing it. :)
    I hope I helped.

4. keethi

keethi Silver IL'ite

Hi ptamil ,supersonaalee

I came out of the bad habit. But nails are not healthy.It s nature that once i have bitten in child hood days, it becomes weak eventhough i stop it now .

5. sstha

sstha Silver IL'ite

Hi ,

I used to bite nails from age of 3.Now i am 25 and finally got rid of biting nails.
    Everyone used to tell people bite nails since they arent confident. I did not feel that way because i used to bite nails if i concentrate too much in something.

I tried to put artificial nails over my nails for 2 months. Thats how i got rid of biting.

As soon as i stopped biting my nails, it was so fragile. so i used to put nail strengthener 2 coats,nail polish and then nail strengthener on top of it. now my nails don break easily.

Swe