1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Red itchy bumps after waxing. Pls help!

Discussion in 'Body Care' started by iswaryadevi, Jul 28, 2010.

1. iswaryadevi

iswaryadevi Platinum IL'ite

Dear all,

I have been using Veet hair removal cream regularly. But since the hair grows back quickly, I tried Veet wax strips once. The hair came off well, but I developed red itchy bumps throughout my arms and it was there for a week. Recenly I tried waxing at a parlor, but the result was the same.

Now I am confused whether to continue using Veet hair removal creams or is there any other method to avoid those red itchy bumps? Does regular usage of Veet hair removal cream cause any damage to skin? Pls advice and thanks in advance! :)

luv,
    ice

2. iswaryadevi

waiting 4 sum1 2 reply pls as this is a big pbm 4 me :drowning

3. seemabp

seemabp New IL'ite

Seems like you may be allegeric to the waxing chemical. So stick to vreams.

Or try the new thing - the epilator. I heard and rave reviews from people using it. I plan to get one.

1 person likes this.
  4. Happysoul1234

Happysoul1234 Gold IL'ite

keep the skin moisturized at all times and see a doc if needed.

I've been shaving for years n years using the venus razor no issues. But last time I got a horrible rash, itching, red bumps you name it. It got so bad I went to the doctor thinking it was a razor bump issue but it turned out to be an allergic reaction / hives. I had to take prescription strength antihistamines to get the itching under control.

5. iswaryadevi

thanks 4 ur tips. wil try epilator...
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

6. SHS

SHS Bronze IL'ite

Hi friend
    Hair removal creams will spoil your skin so better go for waxing.I also had this prob.But now i started doing it in another way.
    1.Wash that area with Nature's Essence mint cleanser ( its anti septic cleanser)
    2.use katori wax for waxing.Its very mild n doesnt irritate skin at all.then it has aloe vera.
    3.Apply ice immediately for few mins.
    4.Then apply neosporin oint ( u wont get any bumps at all).( you can even take any anti allergic tab like cetrizine or avil but thats not required if u use neosporin oint)

I hope it helps

Happy waxing :biglaugh
    Stuti

Last edited: Aug 7, 2010
    1 person likes this.
  7. iswaryadevi

thanks a lot for the response. will the beauty parlors themselves do waxing with katori wax or should I buy it some where and also pls tell me where can I get it?
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

8. SujathaR

SujathaR Gold IL'ite

Up to my knowledge, waxing gives better results.

Creams has some side effects and red rashes of Waxing is not a big deal if you take necessary steps before that, as said by Stut.

9. SHS

SHS Bronze IL'ite

Dear Iswaryadevi
    Dont be scared of waxing :) You just have to be little careful if you have sensitive skin.Make you sure that cleanse that area.The skin should be very clean.Use any cleanser the one recommended is a soothing gel.I prefer that one.

Yes then apply Katori wax.Its available in a katori :).u have to heat it n then apply.its very mild with aloe vera.then you just have to remove it like you remove any peel off mask.it is like that.In many parlours it is available n if it is not then you can go to any cosmetic shop n ask about katori wax.Its very very common.So its available everywhere in India.

Then dear apply ice for few mins.Its a must. then apply NEOSPORIN OINT.This oint is so good that u can never ever get bumps at all.This is the secret of not getting red bumps :)

I hope i have cleared all your doubts.Now pls dont be scared of waxing.Its a little painful but atleast long lasting n doesnt damage skin if done carefully.

All the best for your waxing session :)

Stuti

Last edited: Aug 9, 2010
    1 person likes this.
  10. iswaryadevi

thanks a lot dear for the information :thumbsup