1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

After Noon Birthday Party - Food Ideas - Urgent

Discussion in 'Birthday Party Planning' started by peartree, Aug 24, 2015.

1. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

Hi All

Could you please give me some ideas on some refreshments for an after noon birthday party? The party is at a park from 3.oo - 6.00, and there will be about 25 kids and their parents... so it's quite a crowd.

We will be having cake and some juice for the kids... aside from that I am completely at a loss on what to serve.

I am thinking something like Pav Bhaji for the adults... and maybe sandwiches for the kids... but I am really drawing a blank beyond that. I do not want to do pizza, since the timing is kind of odd. Please suggest....

2. Cool10

Cool10 Silver IL'ite

how about Samosas, noodles, burgers, French fries ?

1 person likes this.
  3. kcb

kcb IL Hall of Fame

You can arrange chips/crisps, cookies, cup cakes....Also you can arrange some samosas, onion bhaji for adults....

1 person likes this.
  4. Chitravivek

Chitravivek Platinum IL'ite

Costco SUKI Samosa (all time hit), Cream cheese Sandwich and Baby carrots with a dip for kids , Vegetable Chips with Hummus, if its hot in your place go for popsicles or even fruitarre instead of Juices ( Make sure you have a good ice box in this case), some Guac and Tortilla chips for adults.

Also a simple fruit tray or different color fruit on tooth pick and cheese tray would be a winner.

3 people like this.
  5. Priya16

Priya16 IL Hall of Fame

actually kids will be exhausted by 5PM and they will be hungry.So pizza is not a bad choice.Most of the kids,really look for pizza and that is also easy to get and maintain at park.

For adults,some indian snacks will do.

ICE cream or popsicle also will be a good thing at parks..

2 people like this.
  6. umathiru

umathiru Silver IL'ite

I suggest 1) Buy plain donuts & the decorations you can make yourself.
    2) Ice cream for sure.

1 person likes this.
  7. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

Ladies, thank you for all the suggestions.

Chitra, the suki samosa... is it frozen? How many pieces per pack... do we need to deep fry or bake? Can you please let me know...?

So this is kind of what I am thinking ladies -

For kids - multi layer sandwiches with cucumber,carrots and some spread, ketchup
    Honest Kids Juice Box
    Crackers

For adults - Veg Puffs/Samosa
    Ragada Patties
    Chai

Now my husband feels ragada patties is too messy, and thinks we should have all dry, finger food types... he is saying Samosas, Veg Puffs and Veg pakoras with chai is sufficient. What do you ladies think?

And of course, aside from this we have a vegan cake since one of the kids at the party has dairy allergy.

8. Priya16

Priya16 IL Hall of Fame

your husband is right.You need keep it simple and dry when you hosting in parks.We did one time and I learned it after that.

9. soumya234

soumya234 Platinum IL'ite

peartree I found this from this website.
    Sukhi’s Samosas And Chutney

The samosas are stuffed with potatoes and peas and they’re vegan and 100% vegetarian.

No frying is required,. You just need to bake it in the oven for about 25 minutes or until golden brown.
    There are 16 samosas in a box.

1 person likes this.
  10. Chitravivek

Chitravivek Platinum IL'ite

guess Sowmya answered it. SUKI samosas are not too big and heavy. I really love them because they are very light to eat too and delicious. Just bake them before the party and take it. You will find them in frozen section in Costco. They are available only in COSTCO and no where else.

Honestly Samosa and Ragda patties will be little bit too much of fried stuff for adults. You should just do one of them with a fruit tray as the parties main focus should be kids and not adults. I commend you for Chai Idea. Very neat and good thought.