1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Planning a Themed 1st birthday Party

Discussion in 'Birthday Party Planning' started by devic, Mar 19, 2015.

1. devic

devic Silver IL'ite

Hi Everyone,

I know its seems too early but I am already getting hyper thinking about My son's first bday. Its June end, but looks like time will fly by.:hiya

He likes Mickey mouse club house cartoon in Disney Channel.
    He likes Jack and Neverland Pirates also, but I guess he likes mickey more.

And Wheels on the Bus is his favorite Rhyme.
    He is kind of obsessed with wheels, keep staring at wheels of all the nearby vehicles.
    I guess he likes rotating object. he loves the fan also.

I am confused what theme to choose for him.:hide:
    My choices are Mickey Mouse Club House or Wheels of the Bus.
    Please suggest which will be better for decorations etc.
    I don't want too much decorations, and too much bright color all around, which make the place look crowded.

And the main point is I want to make all the decoration items myself.
    My DH says its insane to think I can do all by myself thinkingsmiley , since I have not been able to find time for anything with my job and LO.
    But I really want to.:confused2:
    I am sure I can find help from my wonderful ILites here to motivate me.hugsmiley

Waiting eagerly for any kind of suggestion.

2. devic

devic Silver IL'ite

Hi everyone,

Please do give suggestions.

3. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

@devic, first of all, let me assure you, its completely normal to feel super excited about birthday parties! I am like you too. I started months in advance for the first birthday.

Now, Mickey Mouse is something you can do at home with little or no expertise. Where is the party going to be? Is it at home or a venue? If its at home or a small room in a party hall, then you can pull this off. Making all the decorations by yourself for a big hall may prove to be very tiring, though not impossible.

Decorations should include few cartoon-cut outs from Mickey Mouse Club House show. I would also get the balloons in red and black colors.
    Party favors can be something hand made too but can you manage making a stuffed Mickey at home? If yes, thats a great idea.
    Of course the cake would be Mickey.

By the way, did you check the Disney Junior website yet for the birthday party ideas? They have excellent suggestions there regarding games etc.

sindmani and devic like this.
  4. devic

devic Silver IL'ite

Thank u @Rakhii for the response.

I have selected Mickey Mouse theme.

Only yesterday I got the count of guests and it is coming around 60.[Family and friends]. Around 10 kids.

We are planning to have the party at some restaurant party hall, I guess it will not be too big.

The cut out idea is great, I will try to get that done.
    And ofcourse the cake will be mickey :)

Did u also do decorations yourself for your LO's first birthday?

My DH has given me one month to plan and come up with the decorations budget.

Anyone from Chennai, knows where I can get the party decorations [balloons, chart papers, streamers etc] items for cheap in bulk.
    I heard there is some street in Parry's where we can, I don't know the street name.

sindmani likes this.
  5. devic

devic Silver IL'ite

Till now my ideas are to get the below things done.

1. A Mickey Mouse pinata. I have seen some sites where they teach to make one :thumbsup
    2. Mickey head shaped invitation cards with chart papers
    3. Return Gift bags made from chat papers.
    4. Get one A0 size poster with my LO's pictures along with mickey and friends to welcome the guests. For this I would like some suggestions on where I can get cheap printing done in Chennai.
    5. few mickey and friends cutouts using thermacool, Again need suggestion on the printing.
    6. Get red and black polka dotted balloons. Need suggestions for where I can get helium air filled.

Please do pitch in with more suggestions.

sindmani likes this.
  6. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

@devic, no, I bought most of the decorations from a party store. To be honest, I was struggling with time. So, mostly I bought things from outside.
    I have no idea where you can find things in Chennai. Perhaps you can open a thread in Chennai section, I am sure you will receive some suggestions.

Take a look at some of the birthday threads here, you will get some ideas:
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/b...g/246517-check-here-first-useful-threads.html

sindmani likes this.
  7. devic

devic Silver IL'ite

@rakhii, Thank u.
    Same reason I have started planning this early. I am scared I might not have time for everything.

I am going through the threads you shared.

Will keep updating my progress.

In hunt for a reasonable birthday party venue near our home.

8. Harini73

Harini73 Platinum IL'ite

Hi,

I think the street name is naryana mudali street in Parry's corner.Just enter the opposite street of Flower Bazar Police booth and walk straight.

You have a shop exclusively for party items materials.You will get party caps with cartoon prints/animals print/barbie print/balloons etc in different size/materials. You will also all the items there from cap to balloons stickers,posters and plates and cups. You will have good collection for children.

I got lots of materials from their for my daughter party.But I forgot the shop name.I will try to recollect.

9. devic

devic Silver IL'ite

Thank u @Harini73
    I am planning to go to Parry's this weekend, please do try to recollect the name.

What theme did u have for ur daughters party?
    What all items did u get, please share some insights.

How is the cost there for these items?

10. Harini73

Harini73 Platinum IL'ite

Hi @devic,

I got party caps with Cinderella and angel pictures.Some Cinderella posters and angel posters.

I also got paper plates with Cinderella and angel picture,but sadly they did not have any cups with Cinderella and angel picture.So I got plain white cup.Some balloons with Cinderella and angel pictures. Some green creeps and flowers(Artificial) to decorate the room.
    It is exactly opposite to Flower Bazaar police booth(Not police station).You will have go straight,it is more or less near the end of the street.
    I will try to recollect the shop name.